Baltimore Cruise Terminal advice

My mother and I are leaving May 18th from the South Locust Point Terminal in Baltimore to board Royal Carribean Grandeur of the Seas. I read an older post that talked about huge traffic jams to get in there, but I don't know if that's still accurate. Boarding time is 4:00 p.m. and we're coming from Pennsylvania. Anyone have any advice to offer about how early we should get there? I'll have both a portable wheelchair and a scooter.

I haven't been to that port, but if it were me, I'd be there by 11:00 am.....but then, I'm always impatient to get on the ship! :) I don't know if you've cruised with a scooter and a chair before, but it's pretty handy. You ride on the scooter and your companion can load up your chair with all of the carry on stuff and just push it. Another poster on this board had a great suggestion about using bungee cords to secure your "stuff" on the chair!

Have a great cruise!

We were there a few years ago to catch Celebrity Galaxy. We arrived the day before. My husband likes to check things out . We found it to be one of the best places to cruise from. We arrived early the day of the cruise and followed the sign to pay $50.00 for ten days.. placed the sign they gave us in our window and off we went to drop off our luggage. They had huge containers and the people there were so helpful. We then parked our van. Just a side note. My husband uses a Jazzy wheelchair. The bus for the handicapped drove by to pick us up to take us to the terminal. We checked in and before you knew it we were on. Before the Suites.

I grew up a few minutes away from the cruise terminal in Baltimore, sailing out of there for the first time this July, but I've been there a couple times for TA tours. The traffic flow was always pretty good since it's right off of I95. The old terminal in Dundalk could be difficult since you basically had to go through regular city streets to get there. The have a lot of police and security guards helping to direct traffic.

Hope this helps,

Michael

Archived