A different flip-flop question!

My most comfy pair of flip-flops are a pair of Reef Fanning's. These have a bottle opener built into the sole of the shoe. I hadn't even thought of this until today, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to get those through airport security. :confused: Anyway have any ideas?

Yeah, I'm going to just check them and wear my UGA flip-flops on the plane. :( I called TSA to ask and they said the same thing, better to be safe than sorry! Trust me, I won't be using them by the pool ... my cruise boards in Alaska! I just like wearing flip flops on the plane b/c it's quicker to get through security! :)

I'm the same way, it's easier to take your shoes off if you just wear flip-flops. Sometimes I toss a pair of tennis shoes in my carry-on but wear flip flops until I clear security. That way, I can put my tennis on at the gate and be more comfortable on the plane. My feet are infamously COLD, as well as my hands so I can't stand being cold on the plane.

Oh my. One thing I never thought of. We're flying from Iowa to San Juan in December. There is no way am I wearing flip flops to the airport when it's probably going to be in the 20's or lower with a few inches of snow on the ground. I guess I'll just have to get through in my sneakers and socks. Brrrrr......

Yeah, I'm going to just check them and wear my UGA flip-flops on the plane. :( I called TSA to ask and they said the same thing, better to be safe than sorry! Trust me, I won't be using them by the pool ... my cruise boards in Alaska! I just like wearing flip flops on the plane b/c it's quicker to get through security! :)

Check out the weather before you go, sometimes you can get a warm trend in Alaska. I don't know if it's your next cruise or the one you have listed for this August. We cruised Alaska in the month of August and we had a few days where people were swimming in the pool. It definitely was warm enough for sandals several times and I wished I had mine along. :)

I have a pair of Reef flip flops, too, with the bottle opener on the bottom. You're right -- they are very comfy, but you won't get through security with them. I had to pack mine last year in my baggage. Anyway, you will get to enjoy wearing them when you arrive at your destination!

Bon Voyage!

Archived