throw away cameras

I am not a big photography fan and dont want a digital camera, but would still like some photos of my up coming trip to Fiji & Tonga. I usually buy some one use cameras for this purpose, does anyone know if they sell these on board at duty free or would I be better off getting some from the supermarket.

I know the Sky used to sell the normal use ones and the underwater ones. Most ships should have them. The prices might be a bit higher than you can get them 'on land' though. I have also bought some underwater ones from a duty free shop and saved a few dollars on each one doing it that way. Might be another option for you?

I am not a big photography fan and dont want a digital camera, but would still like some photos of my up coming trip to Fiji & Tonga. I usually buy some one use cameras for this purpose, does anyone know if they sell these on board at duty free or would I be better off getting some from the supermarket.

Hi spailing, best bet is to buy them at home first. I saw some underwater ones on board the Pacific Sun last week, but they were no cheaper than what we can get here. they are not duty free on board ships...........only the digital and big priced cameras.

have a great time on the Star... we did the cruises out of Auckland last year.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

i would buy the cameras at home for a few reasons

1. you know that you definatly have them

2. you can test the quality of the print before you go [ some have very dark pictures]

3. you can save heaps!!

but also sometimes you can get specials when youb buy them on board- such as free printing

also you can get them printed for about $7 a roll. heaps cheaper than anywhere at home and them are ready the next day.

also you can get them printed for about $7 a roll. heaps cheaper than anywhere at home and them are ready the next day.

I get my film developed for about $6 a roll and its ready in half an hour. Or i can develop myself and its ready in about 12 minutes :cool:

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I thought you might find this article interesting about a project I did with a disposable camera a couple of years ago:

http://neilius.blogspot.com/2005/10/camera-in-tree-stump.html

Makes me wonder if I should hide one in Lifou when I'm there next. It could be a fun project.

The underwater cameras on the ships were $24.95 including developing of film (note you do not have to get that particular one done). They were a similar price to around the shops here and are also reusable. I have gotten some great underwater shots with it and it take very good regular pics.

Make sure you buy it from the photography shop and not the aqua hut or gift shops and I got stung the first time. I bought from the aqua hut and then discovered it was single use and didn't included developing. It also has a flash.

Last purchase was January last year so price has probably gone up.

Archived