? for those of you who have been to A.H. Riise

Sandi149

Hi folks,

My husband and I will be in St. Thomas next month and plan on doing our shopping at A.H. Riise. This question is really for the ladies. Do they sell makeup there.....brands such as Clinique, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, etc. If they do, do they actually help you like they would at a makeup counter here in the states? Also, are the prices a lot cheaper there than here?

Thanks. :)

They have Lauder and Clinque. I believe the prices are the same as these are American brands, but no sales tax. They do not have eshticians just sales clerks who sell multiple products. The imported brands of make up are the "European" formulation, not otherwise sold in the US. Some women feel they are "better". Their prices are also lower than comparable products sold in the US .Lancome comes to mind. There are no big bargains in cosmetics in MHO.:)

B.

They have Lauder and Clinque. I believe the prices are the same as these are American brands' date=' but no sales tax. They do not have eshticians just sales clerks who sell multiple products. The imported brands of make up are the "European" formulation, not otherwise sold in the US. Some women feel they are "better". Their prices are also lower than comparable products sold in the US .Lancome comes to mind. There are no big bargains in cosmetics in MHO.:)

B.[/quote']

Ok...thanks....just wanted to know because I don't want to get ripped off.. I guess paying no sales tax is good because those items are not that cheap. Is it the same way at any store in St. Thomas that sells makeup? I will have to see how the prices are on the ship also.

Which European brands are you referring to?

Thanks.

Archived