Spleen, Suebee - Music references

bambam

Aloha friends,
Northern Virginia is being visited by a touring group August 18th called: The Brothers Cazimero, i.e., Led Keapana and Dennis Kamakali, touted as leading slack-key musicians. Also on the bill are the following: Keoki Kahumoku, Herb Ohta Jr., David Kamakahi, and Patrick Landeza.

Wondering if you guys have heard of any of these artist, and if so, are they worth an evening to re-live our very fond February memories of the Islands???

Mahalo!!!!! :D

This is from me, not my husband who is the musician...
But i have heard of the Brothers Cazimero, seen them on TV and in the news. I like what I heard of them, but havent seen them 'live'. I bet the night would be worth going!

I answered my own question with the help of Google.com I'd love to go see it, but unfortunately it's on a Wed evening and I have to work the next day. [url]http://www.dancingcat.com/slack-tour.shtml[/url] I'll just have to wait until Nov when we return to Hi.

The Brothers Caz are an instituition...you should definitely go if you can. They try to do a May Day program every year at the Waikiki Shell and also perform at Chai's like bug dan said. Hopefully, it'll remind you of your time here!

I recently purchased a dvd called Songs of Aloha. It was from a PBS program several years ago and the Bros Cazimero, Amy Guilliom, Willie K, Jake Shimabukuro, Ledward Kaapani, Na Leo, and the Kamehameha School Glee Club as well as several others are on it. The Bros Cas also have a DVD out of their 25th Lei Day concert. These DVDs plus the DVDs from the Merrie Monarch, help keep the memories fresh, but there's nothing like being there in person.

Really do appreciate the responses...helped to make the decision a whole lot easier...

Bug-Dan: I agree with the Wednesday event causing problems...we have several cruising folks in the Northern VA area that would like to go, and would go if the event was on a weekend...but work rules... :rolleyes:

SweetEmi: Hope all is well in the nicotine reduction program.... ;)

Spleen and Suebee - as always, you guys are the best!! :D

Ahibunny: nice to see that you are still keepin Spleen in line!!! :eek:

Hava Happy All!! Mahalo!!

Isn't Herb Ohta Jr a WONDERFUL slack keyist??? I've heard of him many times - but the "facts" about music aren't my thing - they are my friend Annette's, so I can't remember for sure.

B@J - Thanks!! Still smoke free and saving big bucks and my lungs!

Emi

Archived