Disney Cruise in January

Matt in FL

We are looking to go on a 4 day on the Wonder towards the end of January 2008. Does anyone have any experience with going during this time? I'm curious about crowds on the ship as well as weather. Thanks!

We did the 4 day cruise this past January setting sail on the 28th. It was our first cruise and it was practically perfect. The weather couldn't have been nicer. We were told the ship was full so there were lots of people on board but there was room for everyone. These two senior citizens had a wonderful time.

Disney almost always cruises full so there shouldn't be any difference in crowds as compared to any other time of year although I would guess January would be one of the most likely months they wouldn't be sailing completey full (you really wouldn't notice though, either way).

January is very hit or miss. We've done one cruise in mid-January, never again, but I know plenty of people have had great weather in January but for us it's not worth the risk to cruise in a month that's so hit or miss, too much $$ at risk IMO.

We did the 7 day Magic in January and loved it! It was a full ship, so technically, no different than a full summer sailing. However, the ports were a little less crowded, and because we also went to the much less crowded Disney parks before our cruise, I thought January was a great time.

It was a little cold in the water at some of the ports though...I have cruised many times in Jan, and it's hit or miss. Usually sunny, but the water can vary 10 degrees in a week.

Archived