3 in a cabin?

gritslad

First time potential cruiser here. I'm thinking of doing a 3 day cruise on RC. My husband, myself and 13 year old daughter. I'm looking at cabins which state that there are two twin beds or a queen bed. How do the 3

of us fit? Do we need separate cabins?

It does help if you state which ship, but I'd bet there is a pullman (bunk bed) coming down from the ceiling.

Depending on the type of cabin and ship, I'd definitely suggest you have the cabin arranged in a twin bed configuration rather than a queen with a bunk. These cabins can be small, 120-135 square feet and that includes the closet and bathroom! A queen bed configuration can take all your standing space, the seperate twins you will have a bit more space to stnad up. There are larger cabins available on all ships, the price does goes up for those cabins, so you do have to consider budget.

For such a short cruise, you will be fine in this small of a cabin for 3, I'd never try to cram 4 people in one :eek: . Just pack very light and consider a bathroom schedule for the 3 of you. My husband has gone to the spa to shower on a couple of cruises, no big deal.

Like above, make sure their is a pull down bunk. A dear friend of mine (in her college days) did a 4 female in an indoor. I can't imagine but she said it was a typical college kid trip - something a cheap as possible. Not sure I could handle that one but to each their own . . . .

Just make sure your cabin is equipped with the pulldown as not all have them.

Some cabins have sleeper sofa, usually for one prson. Have seen the sleeper sofs AND pull down bed. I agree have the steward separate the beds. There's a lot more space then.Your TA should be able to tell you what you'll have.

They won't assign a 3rd person to a room designed to accomodate only 2. It's a short cruise. You'll be fine. Just plan on using the room only to sleep and shower and spend as much time as possible out on deck on on shore excursions.

Some cabins have sleeper sofa, usually for one prson. Have seen the sleeper sofs AND pull down bed. I agree have the steward separate the beds. There's a lot more space then.Your TA should be able to tell you what you'll have.

If you have been in some of cabins on the older RCI ships (most of the short cruises are on older ships), you would know there is absolutely no space for a sleeper sofa :) .

Interior cabins are 119 square feet, ocean view 121 sq ft, superior ocean view are around 157 sq ft, only when you get up to the Jr. suite level do you have enough space for a sofa of any kind.

We cruised in a cabin that was 172 sq ft with a sleeper sofa, it was the size of a twin bed, perhaps even more narrow than that! At night the cabin was wall-to-wall beds :eek: !

We were on Carnival Fascination where all the insides and outsides were 185 square feet. We were a group of nine with 3 being in one cabin. No problem at all. The third person slept in a pull down "bunk bed."

Or, you can get a mini suite where there is a queen and a sofa bed. Also fairly comfy.

We've done a number of RC cruises (with 4 in a room :) ). Many of the balcony rooms have a pullman and/or sofabed. You will find the room less crowded if you go for a room with the pullman, although the sofa bed is a little bigger. Also, if you go for a balcony, look at the D1's instead of the E1's, that little bit of extra space makes a much bigger difference than you would think, especially if there are 3 of you (even for just DH and myself, I would not go with an E1). The D1's (I don't know about the E1's) also have a thick curtain room divider that you can use to split the room at night, which is useful. You might want to go check out the RCI board....

Archived