US Passports - MSN today

KAWS

I'm Canadian so this doesn't affect me, but thought some of you Americans with passport issues might find this helpful:

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20070608%2fborder_passport_070608&showbyline=True

The U.S. State Department has temporarily eased tough new passport rules for air travellers to and from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.

160_passport_070608.jpg

watch_this_video.gif The change in policy, as reported by The Associated Press, comes in response to complaints of a massive backlog of applications at U.S. passport offices and fears that Americans' summer travel plans would be snarled.

Under the revised procedures, American air travellers would only be required to prove that they had applied for a passport in order to re-enter the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda.

The temporary rules will be in place until September, according to reports.

Ooops saw this was already on another thread........sorry about that. Got excited to help!

Typical State Department stuff. I wish they would set the rules and leave them alone. I suppose it did not dawn on them that there would be a lot of people applying. Thankfully, I got mine when the rules were set up to go into effect two years ago.

I don't remember but what proof do they provide you?

I don't remember but what proof do they provide you?

Their website states that it is currently taking 1 week to track applications online and you can follow the link below to check passport application status adn print out passport application proof.

https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/default.asp

We applied March 22.. nothing yet... we're not leaving until August anyway..

Archived