Allen Marine Tours associated with Carnival??

bellagirl

Hi-I think I remember reading somewhere that Allen Marine Tours was associated somehow with the Carnival ship excursions. Does that mean that if I book with Allen Marine Tours(thinking I"m getting an independent and smaller tour)that I end up with the horde of Carnival passengers? I've not yet tried to book with Allen Marine Tours as our trip isn't until Sept. of 08 but just thought I'd check ahead before I went ahead.

Thanks to all who answer~!!!:)

Hi-I think I remember reading somewhere that Allen Marine Tours was associated somehow with the Carnival ship excursions. Does that mean that if I book with Allen Marine Tours(thinking I"m getting an independent and smaller tour)that I end up with the horde of Carnival passengers? I've not yet tried to book with Allen Marine Tours as our trip isn't until Sept. of 08 but just thought I'd check ahead before I went ahead.

Thanks to all who answer~!!!:)

I don't know about Carnival, but Allen Marine was the outfit that NCL used when we went. A shuttle bus took us right from the ship to the marina. Nobody joined us.

Hope that helps.

Linda

Thanks for the answers. So, is one better off booking directly with Allen Marine Tours as opposed to,in my case, Carnival? Is there much of a price difference,if any?

Thanks again!!:)

Thanks for the answers. So, is one better off booking directly with Allen Marine Tours as opposed to,in my case, Carnival? Is there much of a price difference,if any?

Thanks again!!:)

I don't think so, but the profit cut that would go to the cruise line will be going to the tour company. That's why, as a local myself, it's important to me that locally owned and run businesses are supported: http://www.allenmarine.com/

But as a visitor, that may have less of a priority for you. ;) Their ships tend to be larger catamarans. If you want a more intimate experience, book elsewhere. If it's not important, do a price comparison.

There's an interesting battle going up on here, with the legislature trying to make tour companies reveal how much they pay cruise companies to be listed with them. The tour companies claim they can't do that because their competitors will then know their price structure. Yeah...right.....

Allen Marine will not take walk up tourists from the cruise ships. That is part of their contract with them. So when you book with the cruiseline, you will get Allen Marine. Same in the other ports. That is why many here prefer the smaller companies such as Orca Ent (Cap Larry) Harvy and Marvy or others.

In Alaska, booking with independents does not save much money, just a different experience.

Archived