Holiday Inn Express

wpas

My husband & I stayed here back in Jan, 2 nights pre cruise.

I think it was a nice hotel for San Juan. The room was small but not like a truckers room at an interstate hotel. ( Don't ask)

Its clean.

There is a small breakfast (muffins, toast, juice, cereal, fruit).

Free internet room. Good for finding out last minute things or talking to the kids back home.

We took a taxi, good thing, considering there was only a small parking lot (maybe enough for 2-3 cars)

The neighborhood was kind of scary, so we only ventured out during the day. But thats typical for San Juan I guess. Alot of police on every corner.

Overall for the price I would stay there again, but in Nov when we go to get on the Serenade I think I'm going to try for something closer to OSJ. But if it doesn't work out I'd go back to Holiday Inn Express.:)

Thanks for helping. I really just need a clean place to sleep. Sounds like this will work. But know we're looking at the Comfort Inn next door because they have queen beds.

If that is all you are looking for, then it is fine. The security mentioned by the previous poster is a little stronger than I perceive it. It is a busy strip, but I would not describe it as scary. There is a stronger police presence, but it is not like Mexico City as an example. Having said that, it is not like the little towns and country in the US. I walk around without any concern with my 10 and 8 year old daughters.

Archived