Dinner @Tivoli

Can anyone please give us their choices for a nice dinner one night while in Copenhagen @Tivoli. I have been studying several places & can't quite decide which would be the best. We don't want to break the bank for 1 meal but do want to have a memorable evening.

I am listing several of our choices below & would like pros & cons for anyone who has been there:

Divan II

Bryggeriet Apollo

Cafe Ultimo

Perlen

Promenaden

Restaurant Balkonen

Hercegovina

Faergerkroen Bryghus

A Hereford Beefsfouw

Ilatia-LaVecchia Signora

Cafe George

Groften

Thanks for any input you can give. At one time I thought there was a place called Brasserie "N" & Nimb but can't seem to find it now.

By the way we leave in just a few days so need to get an answer ASAP.

@ Shelby Cruiser

Well, there are some good places in Tivoli, but it's very expensive. I would go for:

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-5033.htm

and

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-5029.htm

Both places are very good. But take a look at the Tivoli website: http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-4671.htm

There are other very good restaurants in Copenhagen, like Noma ( http://www.noma.dk/main.php?lang=en ), it's fantastic - but as many things in Denmark, expensive! :(

Amomg the other places on your list, the Færgekroen Bryghus got 2 beers, a light and a dark, good beers, but the food isn't worth talking about. Cafe Ultimo is ok, and so is Divan II. Fregatten Sct. Georg III in the Lake in Tivoli is run by a very good cook.

I hope this can help you :)

Thanks for replying to my inquiry regarding restaurants in Tivoli. We still haven't made up our minds yet. Maybe will just go by each one and make our decision on the spot.

We are staying 2 nights pre-cruise in Copenhagen & the other night we know there are several great choices throughout the city but we thought it would be special to have 1 meal @Tivoli.

Why did you say that Divan II & Cafe Ultimo are just 'ok', if I may ask?

Has anyone had dinner at the Italian restaurant "Italia-LaVecchia Signora" or "A Hereford Beefsfouw" or "Restaurant Balkonen". The write ups sound good.

Thanks again & still looking for anyone's input.

We ate at Cafe Gorg. It was a pretty casual place and you ordered at the counter found a seat and they brought you the food. I can't recall the cost, but it was not too bad. We sat outside and overlooked a lake with boats facing the pagoda.

@ Shelby Cruiser

The "OK" is just my way to say that it's a good restaurant - but maybe a little overprized. But then again, it's my view.

Danish Viking suggest "The Paul" - it is VERY good, run by an Englishman name Paul Cunningham. Superb and elegant food.

Regarding "Italia-LaVecchia Signora" or "A Hereford Beefsfouw" or "Restaurant Balkonen".

The two first are boring, but "Balkonen" (The Balcony) can make some pretty good food, but they are in a building that right now are under renovation, but take a look when you are in Tivoli - maybe it doesn't matter :)

Can anyone please give us their choices for a nice dinner one night while in Copenhagen @Tivoli. I have been studying several places & can't quite decide which would be the best. We don't want to break the bank for 1 meal but do want to have a memorable evening.

I am listing several of our choices below & would like pros & cons for anyone who has been there:

Divan II

Bryggeriet Apollo

Cafe Ultimo

Perlen

Promenaden

Restaurant Balkonen

Hercegovina

Faergerkroen Bryghus

A Hereford Beefsfouw

Ilatia-LaVecchia Signora

Cafe George

Groften

Thanks for any input you can give. At one time I thought there was a place called Brasserie "N" & Nimb but can't seem to find it now.

By the way we leave in just a few days so need to get an answer ASAP.

My two choices are Groften and Faergerkroen Bryghus. The Faergerkroen Bryghus is smaller and sits along a small lake within Tivoli. I recommend seating outside with a view of the lake and all the lights. Groftren is great too, offers a larger list of menu items, and you can contact them via their website to make reservations. Have fun.

@swdke (Steve)

Steve, you're right - if you are young it's nice palces, or if you like the speciel danish cuisine with our Smørrebrød (open sandwiches). But the reelgood food are other places :)

We really enjoyed the Hereford (wonderful steaks and baked potatoes with a Danish twist) - we were three weeks into our trip and craving a more American meal at this point). Noticed they also have a few Hereford restaurants around town as well (including in Nyhavn). We also enjoyed dessert at a bakery behind the rose garden area (can't remember the name) - the marzipan covered custard treat was divine!

Archived