Princess Transfers (Fairbanks)

stephenandrew

I have a quick question re Trasnfers from the Fairbanks airport to the Princess Lodge in Fairbanks the night before the land portion of our cruisetour begins. We have our own air, but Princess is offering airport to lodge transfers for $30 per person. My guess is that I can get a cab for a lot less than $60 (there are two of us) to get us from the airport to the lodge. Does anyone know the approximate cost of a cab? Also, any advantages to buying the transfers other than cost savings that I should consider? Thanks.

The Fairbanks Princess is across the street from the airport runway; it's not even a mile between the hotel and the terminal. Including the meter drop charge, a cab from the airport to the Princess should cost less than $10.

However, you might also want to call the Fairbanks Princess directly and ask if they have a courtesy shuttle to and from the airport.

The only potential problem with a cab is that Alaska airports are very busy in the summer; if the waiting cabs get taken while you claim your luggage, you might have to wait for a cab. So take into account how long you are traveling to get here and how late you arrive (especially considering the time difference).

The advantage to the transfers is that Princess will deal with your luggage. But generally the wait for baggage to unload here is not long at all.

Have a wonderful trip!

Holy Moley! I used to work for the Fairbanks Princess Hotel and I had no idea Princess charged that much from the Airport! It really is almost across the street from the airport! Call the hotel when you get there, they have a courtesy shuttle and it would be no probelm to pick you up.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

9/04 Pride Second Anniversary, First Honeymoon!

Archived