Port days and minors

Hi

We are cruising with RCI at the end of July and was wondering about the companies / ships policy about minors (he is 18 while we are at sea, and an adult in UK law) being left on board, unaccompanied, on port days?

Thanks

Kevin

Hi

We are cruising with RCI at the end of July and was wondering about the companies / ships policy about minors being left on board on port days?

In the UK, our son would be classed as an adult - he will be 18 while we are at sea, but under US law, he will still be classed as a minor.

So, will he be able to be left onboard without parental supervision while the ship is in port?

Thanks

Kevin

In the US, 18 is considered an adult so he will be fine onboard. :)

You can leave your children in Adventure Ocean, the kid's program, while you are in port. As far as leaving them on the ENTIRE ship, I'm not sure about that! Personally I wouldn't WANT to leave my kids on the ship alone without being in the kid's club, that's for sure. :eek: lol

Wow Christie - you are on the ball huh?

Thanks for the prompt answers!

I'm asking just to be prepared if they get jealous of our son if he wants to remain onboard!

One more question, last one before I hit the sack and dream about the 30th July :)

Any idea if there's a charge for the Adventure Ocean, and if so, would you know how much?

Night night

Kevin

Wow Christie - you are on the ball huh?

Thanks for the prompt answers!

I'm asking just to be prepared if they get jealous of our son if he wants to remain onboard!

One more question, last one before I hit the sack and dream about the 30th July :)

Any idea if there's a charge for the Adventure Ocean, and if so, would you know how much?

Night night

Kevin

No prob, Kevin! :) And no charge for Adventure Ocean!! YAY! :D

Just know that in the 12-14 age group, it is pretty much a come and go as you want scenario in Adventure Ocean, which means they can sign themselves out at any given time, whether you are onboard or not. I would set some guidelines with them before going, because God forbid anything happens, you are still responisble. It's not like the younger groups where you can say they are not allowed to sign themselves out at certain times.

Archived