Caribbean Princess REVIEW 6/17/07

pipedreams62

There is an Island party - it is on the pool deck the night you are in St Thomas. There is a buffet offered at the end of the party that has mostly fruit and desserts - of course you can always walk to the 24 hour food service area (about 100 feet away) and get a bigger selection if you want. There is a pastry/coffee/smoothie bar on board, deck 6 I believe, you don't have to pay for the pastry but you do have to pay for their latte's, brewed coffees (unless you purchase the coffee card), and smoothies are mixed there for a price.

You will not find lemonade on the Caribbean Princess unless you make it yourself with the lemons at the water/tea bar. I would suggest you bring those little packages from home if you need it for your vodka.

For breakfast...cranberry/orange/apple juices are available with milk/coffee/tea. (one day they surprised us and had pineapple juice available).

For lunch...coffee/tea/water/lemons (and you can ask for milk from a server)

For dinner...coffee/tea/water/lemons (and you can ask for milk).

Also, if you buy the coke card, you can have all the soda pop you want.

There is an Island party - it is on the pool deck the night you are in St Thomas. There is a buffet offered at the end of the party that has mostly fruit and desserts - of course you can always walk to the 24 hour food service area (about 100 feet away) and get a bigger selection if you want. There is a pastry/coffee/smoothie bar on board, deck 6 I believe, you don't have to pay for the pastry but you do have to pay for their latte's, brewed coffees (unless you purchase the coffee card), and smoothies are mixed there for a price.

You will not find lemonade on the Caribbean Princess unless you make it yourself with the lemons at the water/tea bar. I would suggest you bring those little packages from home if you need it for your vodka.

For breakfast...cranberry/orange/apple juices are available with milk/coffee/tea. (one day they surprised us and had pineapple juice available).

For lunch...coffee/tea/water/lemons (and you can ask for milk from a server)

For dinner...coffee/tea/water/lemons (and you can ask for milk).

Also, if you buy the coke card, you can have all the soda pop you want.

I could throw my voice like thatsprntdumm.jpg

Hi Robyn & Laurie

I was also on the CB last week. I loved the ship. I have sailed Princess twice before on the Golden. The CB is a little better. There is a website that you can go to that talks just about the CB. www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

It is a wonderful site. It helps a lot before the cruise.

I loved the Personal Choice dining because we were travelling with 2 children and they could eat before their kids club and we could eat after they went. We had only one wait and that was one the first formal night and it was about 7pm, which is a peek time. We also found the Palm Dining room better because it is somewhat hidden away.

I purchased the $75 week pass for a single person at the thermal sanctuary but because of getting an awful sunburn didn't use more than 3 days. Didn't want the heat from the tiled loungers etc. But, I don't mind. I purchase it on every cruise. My only complaint about it is that it didn't have private access. On HAL they gave you a key card to enter the thermal sanctuary.

I would also love the recipe to the fettucine alfredo, it was wonderful.

I also have 2 Princess cruises booked for next year and am thinking about another one on the Coral this Thanksgiving.

Check out www.thesavvyoldlady.com. She has written a wonderful review on her own website blog.

Happy Cruising.

Vanilla,

Thanks for your information. I can hardly wait for my cruise on the Caribbean Princess! Luckily I have another cruise planned in between. Do you remember the name of the place that has the pastries, smoothies, hot drinks, et cetera?

Can anyone tell me if you can purchase a 1-day pass to the thermal sanctuary? How much is it?

Vanilla,

Thanks for your information. I can hardly wait for my cruise on the Caribbean Princess! Luckily I have another cruise planned in between.

Can anyone tell me if you can purchase a 1-day pass to the thermal sanctuary? How much is it.

Yes, you can.

The $10/day tipping is clearly stated in cruise documents, on CC, etc. should be no surprise to anyone. And $10/day tipping is extremely small potatoes in my book considering everyone who serves you during the day (waiters, cabin steward, bartender, etc)

I like anytime dining as well. Usually I travel alone, so there is no trouble getting a seat for one. I like that I get to meet different people each night. I guess I am not that particular who I eat with or my service staff. (kind of fun to have a different person each night as well). Of course, I have no demands as to "I want ice tea every 15 minutes" or "3 cubes of ice instead of 4", or "I will have 3 teaspoons of dressing on the side", etc... All I ask is that I am treated with politeness and respect (which doesn't seem to be a problem with Princess)

Archived