Anyone who Cruised DCL Mexican Riviera 2005 or the Riviera in general

slowly

We are booked on the DCL 6/2008 cruise. Can you tell me a good place to eat during port visits in the Mexican Riviera? Also good activities to do as well. How was the boarding during your 2005 cruise on DCL? I heard on other blogs it was a total mess. Any suggestions in general for the port visits and or boarding?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I did, but I don't remember the embarkation or the disembarkation being a mess. Because everything else was a mess. Of course, which was not the fault of Disney.

I had problems with the limo not being there to take me from Disneyland, where I was staying before the cruise, to the ship. Nor was the limo there, when I disembarked, they had the time wrong. So I had to take a cab to the Long Beach airport. And I had a long wait at the airport, because of my early arrival at the airport after disembarkation. And during disembarkation, I was pulled out of line by Customs and had all my bags searched.

While I ate at several places in Mexico, while on the cruise, I'm afraid I can't remember the name of any of them. Except they were all part of the shore excursions, which I booked through Disney.

people thought it was a total mess because it wasn't the way it was done in Port Canaveral....however, Port Canaveral now issues you a number to board the ship. We got to the port at about 11:30 and were aboard and having lunch by 12:30. The only difficuly we had was locating my father in laws oxygen tanks that he had sent ahead. Debarking was long for those who didn't have passports. There were two lines and since we had passports we were with our luggage and out the door in about 10 minutes...the shuttle service left a lot to be desired but next year I will just drive and park at the port.

Archived