corkage fee for wine

gregbarbra

OK....we like to save money on wine for dinner, so sometimes we take a couple of bottles with us (Beringer white zinfindel, we pay only $2.99 for it here in California and the ship charges $25, so even with the corkage fee of $10, we are paying half price)....the question is, we can get the larger bottle (1.5 liter bottle) for only $5.99. I would guess they only charge the same corkage fee of $10, but would that be the right assumption? To me this is worth it as we are getting $50 worth of a pretty good wine, in our opinion, for only $16 total. I know they keep what we don't use for use each night until it is used up, so that is about three dinner's worth of wine.....and don't worry, we are not going to bring a 5 liter box of Franzia to the table. Anyone brought the larger bottle? (would be same as a magnum of champagne, yes?)

Archived