Any difference beyween decks 8 & 9 for FOS RFS?

Was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the better location for a Royal Family Suite on Freedom of the Seas? I have a choice between Deck 8 and Deck 9. Any size difference to the balcony? Is the superstructure less noticeable on Deck 9?

Thanks for any tips!

I was in 8714 last week. The balcony appears to be the same size. However, I would think the structure would be less noticeable (but I am not sure, I did not go out on the 9th deck balcony and make a comparison). Still, I took several photos from my balcony and had to try and either shoot between the rear structure or just include the rear structure in the photos.

I have not had a chance to complete my review of all my photographs (I took over 1600) but I do have this photo of the rear of the Freedom ...

Freedomrear.jpg

The four large round windows in the center are the four RFS master bedroom windows.

Hi Ciuzer2 maybe you can help since you have stayed in the Royal Family suite , does the balcony get alot of sun? Do you have any pics of the room we have looked and found nothing if you do can you post it pleasessssssssss , we are new to Rccl first cruise on them and were excited but nervous about the room, do you have any opinion on this room we have 6 adults will we fit ? any info would do thank you. ilovecruise1972

Hi Ciuzer2 maybe you can help since you have stayed in the Royal Family suite , does the balcony get alot of sun? Do you have any pics of the room we have looked and found nothing if you do can you post it pleasessssssssss , we are new to Rccl first cruise on them and were excited but nervous about the room, do you have any opinion on this room we have 6 adults will we fit ? any info would do thank you. ilovecruise1972

I took over 1600 photos (not just of the room). The cruise ended less than one week ago. I'll post some pictures soon.

The balcony got plenty of sun. The master bedroom just has a queen bed. The 2nd bedroom has two twins that can be made into a queen and two separate beds that come out of the ceiling. The sitting room has a pull out sofa that can sleep two. There are two bathrooms.

thank you cuzier2 cant wait to see all those pics wow thats lot i dont think i seen that many lol.

We will start with the easy stuff - the balcony ...

As you can see, there is too much structure ...

IMG_1998.jpg

Looking toward the port side ...

IMG_1999.jpg

Looking toward the starboard side ...

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

And there is a soot problem ...

IMG_2011.jpg

We ended up putting the chairs on their sides when we were not using them because of the soot.

You posted your response so quickly - wish I would have stayed online to see it, but went off to other things. Then checked later yesterday and the Deck 9 option was gone already. I'm sure everything is the same size, but thought maybe the view was better on Deck 9 and that it might have a little shade too. Still a great view from 8714 anyway - can handle a little soot with that (family will be in that exact room, so I'll be watching for your pics).

Thanks again...

Archived