Workout facilities on Noordam

Fred49

I'm thinking of going on a cruise in January of 2008. Workout facilities are important to me. Can anyone give me some good idea of what facilities are like. Just came off a RCI Cruise on Mariner of the Seas and facilities were excellent. I've heard good things about HAL and am interested in trying it. . . . Appreciate any info. . ALSO. . are there separate steam rooms in the Men's and Women's areas, etc. . ..

Nice facilities on the Noordam with Precor treadmills and ellipticals facing windows. Each one has a flat screen monitor with same access available in cabins. There were weight machines, but since I wasn't familiar with the brands I was reluctant to try them (I am used to Cybex and Paramount). Free weights also available.

Hey Fred,

I think that we can safely say that the availability and quality of the workout facilities will be just about the same on the Noordam as they were on the Mariner of the Seas. I've sailed on the Vista Class at Holland America (Westerdam, Oosterdam) and the Explorer Class (Explorer of the Seas) at Royal Caribbean in the recent past, and work out every day. Both ships have a good selection of Cybex machines (a few more on Royal Caribbean) and free weights (more benches on Royal Caribbean). The Explorer Class at Royal Caribbean have about the same amount of treadmills as the Vista Class at Holland America, but Royal Caribbean has more a few more stair climbers and eliptical machines. Royal Caribbean also has a bigger exercise studio attached. The staff on Holland America seems to be present and available a bit more than on Royal Caribbean. Both classes of ships had the same great seaviews at the front of the ship. The gym on Holland America seems to be less crowded after the first few days of the sailing. The hours of the facilites are just about the same. Unfortunately, I don't know about the other steam/sauna facilities on both ships. You'll definately get a good workout on whatever ship you choose.

Happy Sailing and Have a Good Workout.:)

Archived