Rhapsody

mary.g

We are going on the Rhapsody in September and although we are eagerly looking forward to the trip I am wondering what to expect of this particular ship. The itinery includes Italy,Greece and Alexandria,Egypt. I look forward to hearing your comments about the ship and/or places of interest on this particular cruise Thanks Mary

Hello Mary (and Boro), are you doing well ??

We hope so !

Nice to read you're going on the Rhapsody-cruise.

I do not know about the ship (she is in Holland every 11 days for a Northern Europe cruise, but I am not yet invited for a visit ;) )

Wheat you must do on the cruise, when being in Egypt, go to the pyramides.

The one in the middle, the pyramide of Chefren, the son of farao Cheops, you can go in ! Do it ! It is sensational !

For Rhodos, go for the city of Lindos, nice (winery-)place and nice views, high up the Acropolis, behinde the castle, see:

http://www.faliraki-info.com/beaches/lindos-beach.htm

For Athens, Barry can tell you much more, as he is just back from there for a week.

Have GOOD cruise.

Henri & Marian.

I was on the rhapsody in may. The ship is the ex cunard princess she was built in the late 1970's. The ship is adequate but dont expect all of the luxuries of the new megaships. The food was good and crew was friendly most of the time. The ship caters more to a european clientele. I was the only american on my voyage. My only complaint on my cruise was the short time the ship stayed in port due to the ship arriving late in some ports.

Have a good time

• 1 month later...
We are going on the Rhapsody in September and although we are eagerly looking forward to the trip I am wondering what to expect of this particular ship. The itinery includes Italy,Greece and Alexandria,Egypt. I look forward to hearing your comments about the ship and/or places of interest on this particular cruise Thanks Mary

Hi there. My husband and I went on the Rhapsdy in April for our honeymoon.

The excursions I recommend are Pompeii, The Pyramids (Giza, Step, Ramses museum), Athens minus the museum (they offer w/ museum). Don't bother with Etna in Sicily. Takes 2 hours to get there. You spend 20 - 30 mins there and they turn back.

Rhodes was our favorite part of the trip. We did a Lindos/Rhodes tour that was fun but I would have been just as happy skipping it and just shopping and taking in the sites.

I skipped the Olympia tour and went shopping. My husband said it was okay.

There isn't much to do on the ship except relax. We liked it like that. We were on our honeymoon, after all! LOL. The shows have entertainment that is in 5 languages or no language (like plate spinning acts and dancers).

There were other Americans and Brits on board. Our trip was around Spring break so that was why.

Archived