NORWEGIAN SUN RETURN -FEEDBACK

DALLIEDOG

Just off the Sun on May 9th. We had fabulous weather and a great cruise.

We did not get right into Sawyer Glacier as there was a number of large icebergs blocking the passage. I have been to Sawyer before so it didn't bother me, but there were some disappointed people on board. Seeing the size of the iceberg though, and the number of them that could be seem further into the passage, for safety there was no way for us to go any further. The icebergs very,very large, and we did see pieces calve off the larger bergs, but it does not make the same stunning noise that you get from a calving glacier.

We did spot whales a few times, and also porposis (Sp) a number of times. Enroute to Sawyer Glacier some passengers also saw bears (we missed out on that). There were also lots of eagles.

Thanks for the honest answer -we took the Norwegian Sky last September and had a similiar experience. With warmer weather coming i wonder if anyone ever gets in to see Sawyer Glacier, the warmer the temperature the more ice flow from it's source. We are scheduled on the Sun on 6/6 ,we can only hope i guess !

I should have mentioned that the ship itself was in great condition, after its drydock a few weeks ago. Everything was clean and shiny and polished. It is not a suprise to see they recently got 100 percent on the CDC rating.

Archived