Holiday Inn Express - Lake Buena Vista?

Grandma B

I think I've narrowed it down to this hotel for 4 nights in January before we go to FLL for our cruise. It had very good reviews on Trip Advisor, but haven't seen much on this thread regarding Orlando hotels.

For those of you that live in Orlando, is this a good hotel & good area? I read a review on Trip Advisor for another hotel that was 2 blocks from this one, & they said they had cockroaches! Is it the area, or just that the hotel doesn't use an exterminator often enough?! Now if I could just be sure THIS hotel takes care of that problem!

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH......are you there with your advise? I remember you had a reply earlier about HIX hotels. Was this one that you thought was a good one?

Thanks for any help!

I'm wondering if there is anybody in Orlando that would have any answers regarding the Holiday Inn Express - the one next to Disney in Lake Buena Vista?

So far no responses to this thread! :confused:

Hotels, in FL, are bound to have bugs. Especially those hated cockroaches. I hate to admit this, but when I lived in Jacksonville in my new construction house we always had roach traps set up. Same when I lived in Orlando. That being said, I wouldn't want to see roaches in my hotel room either. Just realize, it is FL, so you may find one even in the nicest of places.

I personally have not stayed at this hotel (but I worked at the Hyatt Grand Cypress next door). I can tell you that it's a wonderful location. Walking distance to many restaurants like Macaroni Grill and fast food joints like Subway and a short drive (1/4 mile) to a grocery store/strip mall with typical amenties like a drugstore, bank, Steak n Shake, ABC Liquor, more restaurants etc. The entrance to Downtown Disney is seconds away as well.

Archived