Beach area near pier in Grand Cayman?

kathy7558

Quite a while ago- on the old boards - I read about a beach within walking distance of where the tenders drop you off that was good for swimming and snorkeling. Does anyone know about that beach - any details, like: can you rent or do they have beach chairs there? Is it close to where you could get lunch? Is the snorkeling good near the shore, or do you have to swim out a ways to see anything?

We're going to be on the Inspiration and in the Caymans on Dec. 13 from 7 a.m. to only 2 p.m. We're on a tight budget for this cruise, so I don't really want to spend money for an excursion, and we've done the Stingray tour before. I'd love to just see some of the town and then relax on a beach for a few hours - but I don't want to get stuck on the other side of the island and miss the last tender!! :)

Can anyone help with some suggestions? Thanks!!!

I haven't been yet, but from what I understand 7 mile beach is only a short cab ride away (10 mins or so) and will cost only a few dollars. They have chairs for rent, but also the beach is public so bring your towel and won't cost a thing. We are going in January and plan on visiting 7 mile. Good luck.

Archived