Dawn Princess Patter

SeaCrystal22

I have the patters but I'm not a computer whiz. What would you like to know and maybe I can give you some answers. I'm sure the entertainment won't be the same as most go off the ship and others come on. The Captain is Lorenzo Paoletti, new to the ship as of 5/31, we didn't see much of him. His announcements were short!! The cruise director is Gavin Chandler, a very nice young man. We were on the Sun Princess and he was our cd then too. The afternoon movies they had were current films. They offer them daily in the Princess theater. The food was delicious with a lot of variety. We ate all our meals in the dining room and had excellent service. The ports we visited were Ketchikan,Sitka, Juneau, Tracy Arm, and Victoria BC.

I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for all of the info! I was curious about a couple of things. First, how many formal nights were there and which nights were they? Second, does the Dawn offer any cooking courses where you can participate and actually cook? Thanks again for the help!

Oh yeah I almost forgot, what time did you board the ship? Or, do you know when the earliest time a passenger could have boarded? I live in the bay area so I'm trying to figure out what time i should leave my house! :)

I think the boarding time is noon. On the patter it says lunch buffet starting at noon. Coming from the east coast we boarded around 2:30.

There are two formal nights. The first one was the first full day at sea. We sailed on a Thursday so ours was Friday night. The next one was the last full day at sea, which happened to be a Friday night also. Then you have a sea day the next day and then disembark the next day. (Hope this makes sense)

They had a culinary demo and a galley tour the last day of the cruise (Sat.) it was in the Vista lounge. I didn't go but heard it was full capacity so if you go get there early. It was at 10:15am. The first full day of the cruise they had a fruit and vegetable carving and floral demo in the Atrium. That was also around 10ish.

A lot to do at different times. What I like is the size of the Dawn and the staff were very friendly. Our waiter is now a supervisor on the Grand. If you get the opportunity ask for a waiter named "Butch" he is spectacular. Remembers your name after one visit to his station!! He is very popular and an excellent waiter.

If there is anything else I can help with just ask.

Archived