Questions...help needed

rianvi

I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help me with.
We are arriving in Hamilton on the Empress on August 13th. I am a meals on wheels volunteer here in Canada and have made arrangements to tour the melas on wheels program in Bermuda and help with deliveries. This will happen on Tuesday August 14th in the morning, while the rest of my family is going on tours. Any idea what the can fare will be from where we are docked in Hamilton to South Shore Rd. in Paget across from the Modern Mart? I don't mind the cost, this is something I really want to do...just would like an estimate.

My husband and I {early 40s} are travelling with our 19yr daughter and my parents. In the evening while my folks are at the shows, the three of us would like to go out for drinks, etc. to see the night life. Any suggestions where we could go while in Hamilton and St. George? Our first time to Bermuda was last August on the Zenith, but we just did the beaches and shopping during the day and stayed on ship in the evening.

Also, where can one get conch fritters? I enjoyed these in Key West and would like to try them in Bermuda.

Thank you in advance for all responses.
Peace, Anna

i think your taxi should be no more than $15. it's been a while since i had conch fritters, but the last i had was at blackbeard's in st georges. they were called cannonballs on the menu and were great. they're also on the swizzle inn menu. in hamilton you can find them at docksider's. they're fairly common here, but i can confirm these places have them 'cos their menu is in the phonebook

Sorry rianvi, I'm not answering you question but dbaguy has me curious.

So bdaguy, you've said a couple of things in posts that have me wondering. Doesn't seem like you live on land but maybe on a boat. Care to give any details?

[quote name='iheartbda-']Sorry rianvi, I'm not answering you question but dbaguy has me curious.

So bdaguy, you've said a couple of things in posts that have me wondering. Doesn't seem like you live on land but maybe on a boat. Care to give any details?[/quote]

what would make you think that? i definitely work on the water

[quote name='bdaguy']what would make you think that? i definitely work on the water[/quote]

I think I'm completely losing it here. Sorry, I read one of your answers wrong and the other post was from someone else. Just ignore my stupidity.:o

[quote name='iheartbda-']I think I'm completely losing it here. Sorry, I read one of your answers wrong and the other post was from someone else. Just ignore my stupidity.:o[/quote]

hahahahaha! i once thought i was losing it, but then i realized i never had it!

[quote name='bdaguy']what would make you think that? i definitely work on the water[/quote]
You mentioned in another post that you worked out of the dockyard and now on the water. Some more clues to figure out what you do without being impolite and asking you directly. LOL:)

I found a yellow pages for Bermuda online once. I no longer have the URL. Sorry. But anyway, it listed all the businesses there. Some had websites and some had e-mail addresses. Perhaps you can find one online and e-mail them.

[quote name='celbercrz333']I found a yellow pages for Bermuda online once. I no longer have the URL. Sorry. But anyway, it listed all the businesses there. Some had websites and some had e-mail addresses. Perhaps you can find one online and e-mail them.[/quote]

[URL="http://www.bemudayp.com"]www.bemudayp.com[/URL]

Archived