Good place to stay in Mobile

jdhw

Admiral Semmes. It is located a couple of blocks from the terminal. They offer free shuttle service if you are staying there as well as parking. If you are not staying there, they offer parking for $25 plus the free shuttle.

Dave

Right across the bay from the cruise terminal is Daphne, Alabama. On that exit is a Hampton Inn that overlooks the bay and a Microtel, Comfort inn and suites, Hilton Garden inn and lots of places to eat. Where the cruise terminal is in the downtown area. I would not go out after dark anywhere near that area. In fact the city jail is a block away from the cruise terminal. I used to deliver gas in Mobile and me and the rest of the drivers would not go in that area after dark. One driver did and got robbed and the guy took all his clothes and locked him out of his truck. Kinda funny the story he told of trying to wave down help being naked.

Right across the bay from the cruise terminal is Daphne, Alabama. On that exit is a Hampton Inn that overlooks the bay and a Microtel, Comfort inn and suites, Hilton Garden inn and lots of places to eat. Where the cruise terminal is in the downtown area. I would not go out after dark anywhere near that area. In fact the city jail is a block away from the cruise terminal. I used to deliver gas in Mobile and me and the rest of the drivers would not go in that area after dark. One driver did and got robbed and the guy took all his clothes and locked him out of his truck. Kinda funny the story he told of trying to wave down help being naked.

I'd like to just clarify...it's probably not a good idea to hang around the cruise terminal after dark but downtown Mobile is a great place to go after hours...Dauphin Street is quite lively with lots of great restaurants, bars, and art galleries.

There isn't anything around the cruise terminal at this point so you wouldn't have any reason to hang out there but don't be afraid of downtown Mobile.

Archived