Going solo

earl_m

Depends on the sailing and what offers are available. Normally it costs 150%-200% of the double per person price, i.e. up to twice the cost, to sail solo. Sometimes with special offers it is less.

On Celebrity I've paid anywhere from 175%-to-200% single supplement. Depends on the sailing. Remember, though, that you only pay the port fees and taxes for one person, so it's not exactly double.

Bottom line: the cruise lines charge for the space, and figure on two people occupying a cabin. So, if you want a cabin to yourself, you will pay (roughly) the same price as if there were two people in the room.

Some lines - such as Crystal - routinely charge a single supplement as low as 125%.

A couple of weeks ago, i booked a single cabin for my mother and had to pay 80% extra on the cruise only price (price without the port charge).If you search on the reservation site from celebrity, you can enter how many persons in the cabin and if they still have room,they show you the price.

burny

The above information is correct for Celebrity. We traveled aboard Infinity in March and my brother paid the same for his room (minus one set of port charges) as my wife and I did for ours. Actually, my Mom paid for all of us, but it still cost the same for one as for two, minus one set of port charges.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

The above information is correct for Celebrity. We traveled aboard Infinity in March and my brother paid the same for his room (minus one set of port charges) as my wife and I did for ours. Actually, my Mom paid for all of us, but it still cost the same for one as for two, minus one set of port charges.

Bob

True....for some. I paid well less than double less one set of port charges. It depends on how desperate Celebrity is to fill their ships :D

Archived