Summit for Honeymoon?

yusi1906

Hello Everyone,

My fiance and I are thinking of taking the Summit next Summer (Aug 08) for our honeymoon. We were also thinking about the Princess Emerald. We are in our late 20's and early 30's. The only difference between the 2 is that Celebrity goes to Croatia instead on Turkey (Princess)

Does this ship encounters any mechanical problems? I was reading something in the professional critic review? Any advise or opinions please?

We usually take Carnival but we want a nice change for our honeymoon.....

Thanks in advance! :o

I think you could cruise either of the ships and have a wonderful honeymoon!! Princess might have a slightly younger age group, but it will bethe summer so expect more families. PS, Summit is our favorite ship!;Wishing you much happiness on your wedding and future!!

Hello Everyone,

My fiance and I are thinking of taking the Summit next Summer (Aug 08) for our honeymoon. We were also thinking about the Princess Emerald. We are in our late 20's and early 30's. The only difference between the 2 is that Celebrity goes to Croatia instead on Turkey (Princess)

Does this ship encounters any mechanical problems? I was reading something in the professional critic review? Any advise or opinions please?

We usually take Carnival but we want a nice change for our honeymoon.....

Thanks in advance! :o

Hello yusi1906,

To answer your question from time to time the Summit does encounter mechanical problems. The problem is in the propulsion system called pods. There is a sticky at the top of this page that goes into detail about the problem and everyone should be aware of these problems before booking a cruise on a Celebrity M-class ship. These problems have occurred on the Summit five times in its less than six year history. All have resulted in emergency dry dock to repair the problem. The cruise when the problem begins is forced to reduce speed and this results in missed ports and changed itineraries.

The Princess Emerald is newer and a very well maintained ship that is more reliable. Since this is your honeymoon I would at least consider whether or not you are willing to take the additional chance for problems on the Summit.

Congratulations and happy cruising.

Archived