Question on Silver Suite.

psramsey

Hi everyone!

I dont't know what I would do without the help and insight of this cruise board!

I just booked Silver suite 718 on the Shadow. Does it have a private verandah? Tried to call SS but they're closed.

Thank You so much for your help!

Silver Suites on the Shadow (and Whisper) are glorious. They are 701 sq. ft. and have a glass-walled bedroom and a separate dining room/living room. The walk-in closet is huge. You have a very large balcony which has sliding glass doors from the dining area AND the living area. The balcony on a Silver Suite is 100 sq. ft. which is HUGE; two recliners etc. We are sailing in 718 on the Whisper in November and had 720 on a trans-Atlantic crossing. You will be so incredibly happy in your Silver Suite, you may never want to leave. Having a room service breakfast in your bathrobes, sitting at a real dining room table is a delight. You have made a super choice.

I think many feel that the Silver is the perfect suite - in that you have all the room you could reasonably need and it's not as expensive as some of the other suites. Perfectly positioned and as Host Richard implies - the best all round deal on the fleet. But also have a romantic evening meal or two delivered course by course and enjoy the privacy of it all.

You will not have a moment's regret

Silver Suites on the Shadow (and Whisper) are glorious. They are 701 sq. ft. and have a glass-walled bedroom and a separate dining room/living room. The walk-in closet is huge. You have a very large balcony which has sliding glass doors from the dining area AND the living area. The balcony on a Silver Suite is 100 sq. ft. which is HUGE; two recliners etc. We are sailing in 718 on the Whisper in November and had 720 on a trans-Atlantic crossing. You will be so incredibly happy in your Silver Suite, you may never want to leave. Having a room service breakfast in your bathrobes, sitting at a real dining room table is a delight. You have made a super choice.

Richard,

Thank you so much for that info! This cruise board is a true wealth of information! I can't wait to experience Silver Seas!

• 1 month later...

Though obviously we cannot afford it, I have read on the Silversea website that on a per square foot basis, the silver suites on the Shadow/Whisper are the best deals. They are twice the overall area of the verandah suites, but cost only 50% more than a verandah suite and 45% more than a midship verandah suite (all silver suites are midship). In fact, earlier on, when the Shadow/Whisper were first lauched in 2000/1, the silver suites used to cost 70% more than the verandah suites, and indeed this is still true today for the Cloud/Wind, even though the silver suites on the smaller ships are only 541 sq.ft. compared to 701 sq.ft. on the larger ships. The only plausible explanation for this is supply and demand: there are 13 silver suites on the Shadow/Whisper and only 3 on the Cloud/Wind. When Silversea custom built the newer ships, they envisioned greatly increased need for the larger suites, which did not quite materialize. So at this much reduced premium, it will be most worthwhile to take the silver suite -- if you can afford it!

Archived