Hi I'm New!

CruzMom3

Hi all you Bermuda fans. I just wanted to introduce myself.

My husband and I recently decided that we are going to head to Bermuda next July/August (2008). I could not be more thrilled. Our 10 year anniversary is in November and we were originally going to do the 9 day NCL Pearl in February to St. Lucia, Antigua, Tortola & Barbados but with 3 kids and with my parents working it wouldn't be possible. I was disappointed since this is my dream cruise. Well, with much research we decided summer would be a better time to travel since my mom is a teacher and has summers off. I looked into Bermuda and have read all your posts, looked at pictures, read books and I am so excited to go. Is it really as beautiful as the pictures?

I will have so many questions for all you guys but here's a couple to start off with.....

I've read some articles/posts but can't figure it out....are the cruise lines not docking in Hamilton for 2008 and on? If so, where is a better choice to dock....St. George's or KW? I know a lot of people say SG but looking at the map it looks like there is more to do and better beaches closer to KW.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Love reading your posts. If anyone is heading back to Bermuda next summer let me know.

Thanks.

Hi all you Bermuda fans. I just wanted to introduce myself.

My husband and I recently decided that we are going to head to Bermuda next July/August (2008). I could not be more thrilled. Our 10 year anniversary is in November and we were originally going to do the 9 day NCL Pearl in February to St. Lucia, Antigua, Tortola & Barbados but with 3 kids and with my parents working it wouldn't be possible. I was disappointed since this is my dream cruise. Well, with much research we decided summer would be a better time to travel since my mom is a teacher and has summers off. I looked into Bermuda and have read all your posts, looked at pictures, read books and I am so excited to go. Is it really as beautiful as the pictures?

I will have so many questions for all you guys but here's a couple to start off with.....

I've read some articles/posts but can't figure it out....are the cruise lines not docking in Hamilton for 2008 and on? If so, where is a better choice to dock....St. George's or KW? I know a lot of people say SG but looking at the map it looks like there is more to do and better beaches closer to KW.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Love reading your posts. If anyone is heading back to Bermuda next summer let me know.

Thanks.

Cruise lines are NOT docking in Hamilton in 08'. Remains to be seen if any will in the future. If they do it will have to be smaller ships and since most cruise lines are giving up the small ships, you see where this is heading. There are some other threads on this forum that will explain everything in detail in case you missed them

As far as which is a better place to dock, well, that's going to be so subjective. Whether or not the Dockyard is closer to more beaches and things to do, you have to put things into perspective. Bermuda is only around 21 miles long so nothing is really all that far. The public bus and ferry system is an excellent way to get around.

I love St. George so I would prefer to dock there if I had to make a choice. We're going in Oct. so we will have one last time to dock in Hamilton as well as St. George.

And yes, Bermuda is as beautiful as all the pictures.

IMG_0591.jpg.17d634b5c3378a83f024460520ad9560.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg.f144c66163be23eac72706804ab15beb.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg.e34acb16b953cb2dc19306bb5cd50765.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't care where we docked as long as I got to Bermuda.

I was very happy to get to go to Hamilton one last time this year because that is my port of choice.

But both St Georges and Kings Wharf are located to the extreme end of one end of the island. Neither one is central. No matter which one you chose, you'd still have to put in some travel time to see it all.

Choose whatever itinerary gives you more time in Bermuda.

Thanks. I have looked on maps and I do see that they are at opposite ends. I feel the same way about which ship/itinerary/port/etc. will give me the most time on Bermuda especially since I have never been there before.

Thanks so much.

Hi Cruzmom3......

In my opinion cruising to Bermuda is the best vacation....I've been there 8 times and I am going again in a few weeks! It is the most beautiful island and the people are so gracious and friendly. Any cruise that gives you at least 3 days in Bermuda is perfect! Whether you dock in Kings Wharf or in St. George is irrelevant.........you will be able to see the whole island if you are there for several days. Getting around the island is so easy.....the bus system is one of the best. You can buy a pass that will allow you to take either the buses or the ferries....or you can take a taxi (which can get a little costly). Also if you are adventurous you can always rent a moped...but just be very careful when driving!

Good luck with your cruise search and have fun doing it!!

Hi Joilee,

Thanks so much. I have to say I agree with you. At this point I feel that whatever cruise ship can get me to the island for 3 days is the one I'm going to go with. I do think that the type of ship is important on some cruises but this one is all about seeing the island. I can not wait!!!!

The ferries out of Dockyard are much more frequent than they are out of St George. It’s also a much shorter trip to Hamilton by ferry from Dockyard. You can take a ferry into Hamilton and then take the bus back along the south shore and stop at one of the beaches, then continue on to Dockyard making a nice circuit.

Archived