help with cabin selection, please

cruise'n

Our daughter was upgraded from deck 7 midship balcony cat. 5 to deck 8 forward balcony cat. 4 and she is concerned as to whether or not motion and or noise will be a problem with the new cabin. If you have been in either of these areas, please let me know your experiences.

Thanks!

Generally the front of the ship does tend to have more motion.

Some rooms on deck 8 say they can hear people in the pools and deck chairs being moved around, but I have never heard that when we were on deck 8. If she were all the way forward she may be under the spa and hair salon area. You can go to DCL's web site and look at deck plans to see exactly where her room is and see if anything is directly above her.

we loved deck 8

mom x4,grandma x4

we loved it because just one flight up and you were on the upper decks to the pool and food areas. very convenient.

metrowon and mom x4,grandma x4, Thank you for your help.

The cabin we are trying to find out about is cabin number 8510. I would love to hear any experiences with this cabin. I think motion is the biggest concern.

Thanks for your help!

I found no difference. When the ship was rocking, it was rocking everywhere. Cabin preferences are as subjective as food. Personally I hate forward location, but that's just ME. I love aft, I'll take a cat 11 aft over a secret porthole room cat.8 forward any day. I love being close to the restaurants, Mickey pool, drink station and buffet. I only went forward maybe twice a day for the theater and maybe at night for dancing or comedy. But I was all over the pool decks, drink station, food lines, etc. and found myself AFT most of the time.

I can't imagine hiking from forward all the way to AFT everytime I wanted a soda.

Archived