Just back from the Empress...Philly to Bermuda

rianvi

Anna: Thanks for your review. I'm glad to hear you had a good time. We sailed on Empress (Nordic Empress then) 10 years ago. We are going again this October. It will be our 10 year anniversary of getting engaged onboard. I'm glad we got the cruise in before she is gone.

How was the crossing to Bermuda? It was rough several years ago on Grandeur and she's a bit larger. (So rough that when we got there we were told we couldn't dock and had to turn around and leave!:eek: )

Joan...Yes, parking isn't bad at all. $10.00/day pay when you get back. There is a shuttle that will take you to the terminal from the lot but my DH just walked and he uses a cane. My suggestion is to follow the cars, drive up to the terminal, drop your luggage off and the driver parks the car. Please say hello to Rosa Torres...manager at Guest Relations for me. Just tell her Rianvi/Anna from Canada that just sailed on the 11th...says hello. She is very kind. You can also say hello to Warren Allen...cruise director. I know he is going on leave but I think he will still be there when you cruise. Thank you.

MariTenor1 and Kgrassel.....we sailed on the Zenith to Bermuda last year as well. It can be rough. On this cruise on the Empress, it was more rough going to Bermuda. I take Ginger tabs. The other meds make me drowsy or dizzy. I take two a day. Getting out for fresh air also helps.

I say it could have been worse.

You will enjoy your time in Bermuda and the Empress.

Peace, Anna:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rianvi, we sailed the Empress Aug 25th and I told Rosa about this post, she said she was going home in a couple of weeks and plans to hit the boards, I didn't remember your name but I told her to look for the review of the Empress returning Aug 18.

She is such a sweet heart!!! She checked us in and upgraded the 4 of us from an inside cabin to a 2 person cabin with a restricted view. I told her we weren't that close of a family to all share the 1 big bed and we laughed about it, she had put us in 7152 instead of 7652, got it straightened out right after the muster drill (DD and I didn't have life jackets to wear for the drill which was fine with us), and we had a wonderful time all week. Everytime I saw her the rest of the week she knew my name and smiled and said hi, pretty amazing considering all the passengers that were on that cruise.

Janet

Archived