Too late for world club 5% off?

whylion

We've already booked a QV cruise for next summer. Today, in the Cunarder, our cruise is listed as one on which you can get an extra 5% off EBS fares if you book by September. Can we get the extra 5% on a cruise we've already booked? Can you get this on Q cabin's (not subjext to early booking savings?) We live in the US and booked directly with Cunard.

Thanks

I thought the same thing (isn't it nice to get a copy of the Cunarder?) as we have booked for next year. However, I realized that I have already received the 5% discount when I booked from the previous QV flyer where it advertized 'World Club Savings' were in fact, what I would have received if I had booked at the price listed in the brochure, ther being no EBS in Queens Grill! All I received was what I would have received anyway!!!!

Good marketing though, we booked the Eastern Med cruise because of it!

You may wish to call Cunard and ask if they will honor the discount on yours. If you are still outside of penalty dates it should be no problem as you are always able to cancel and rebook at the lower rate (for instance if they are insistance that it is for "new bookings only". If you don't get anywhere personally contact a good TA with connections at Cunard and see if they can do it. May well be worth handing over the reservation.

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. The '5% savings' for Cunard World Club members described in the brochure, is the 5% discount you already receive from the brochure price when you book at full fare. Therefore Cunard are only advertising something that, if you are a member of the Cunard World Club, you wouls automatically recieve when you book!

The '5% savings' for Cunard World Club members described in the brochure, is the 5% discount you already receive from the brochure price when you book at full fare. Therefore Cunard are only advertising something that, if you are a member of the Cunard World Club, you wouls automatically recieve when you book!

Is it the same 5%?

In a letter to CWC members, ( http://www.cunard.com/CWC/ ), Carol Marlow states that "you’ll be eligible to receive exclusive World Club Member savings - 5% off our Early Booking Savings Fares on all sailings" (my underlining).

If what Carol Marlow states is true and the discount is truly exclusive to CWC Members, then, by definition, it cannot be the same 5% discount that Cunard will allow to any other (non-CWC) passenger who books before September!

David

Hi there

Not sure how it works in the U.S. but in the U.K. if you are entitled to the past passenger discount, it can be added on even after you have made the booking.

I would suggest calling Cunard (or your TA) and finding out if you have received it, if not it can be added.

Archived