QM2 - Port Of "Cadiz" Removed From Mediterranean Itinerary!

Kitycaty

As has been noted here many times, if it is in a newspaper it is probably not true. The ban was/is the other way round. Spain will not allow cruise ships into Spanish ports if they are visiting Gibraltar as well. This is political and because Spain wants to get Gibraltar back. Obviously on Med cruises they would wish to use a number of Spanish ports, so they would rather dump Gib.and keep on the right side of Spain.

David.

I am on this cruise and it is my understanding that we will be going to Gibraltar (but not Cadiz). When I was in Gibraltar in August they were expecting the QM2 in September so I believe we should be OK for October. However I would be happy to get $100 on board spending and not go there, but then every cruise I go on docks there. It is really only good for getting duty free goods from and this is why most med. cruises dock there.

I wish they'd just add another port to substitute for Cadiz and Gibraltar!

The reason we chose this cruise as opposed to a shorter cruise was for the number/variety of ports visited.

I'd recommend that they add another Spanish (or better yet, Italian) port to keep their passengers happy.

We're traveling to Southhampton all the way from Los Angeles, and $100 for "inconvenience" just doesn't cut it!

--Joyce in L.A.

Archived