Reserving Non-Ship Excursions

nasvhillecruise

How early does everyone reserve their excursions with private tour companies? I'm not cruising until March 2008, so I know it's WAY too early now, but I certainly don't want them to be booked. I'm thinking of the zipline/cave-tubing with Major Tom.

Why wait to reserve.... if using Major Tom, he does not require a deposit and then you are guaranteed you have your tour booked now !

You will be well pleased with Major Toms tour... he puts SAFETY FIRST when it comes to his customers.

How early does everyone reserve their excursions with private tour companies? I'm not cruising until March 2008, so I know it's WAY too early now, but I certainly don't want them to be booked. I'm thinking of the zipline/cave-tubing with Major Tom.

I'm not sure why you think it's "WAY too early now" to book. I wouldn't call it too early at all. And like Travel Angel asked, why wait to book? If you know what you want to do, I'd go ahead and book it. The only thing you get by waiting to book is the chance that what you want to do is filled. I don't see any positives in waiting if you are sure of your choices.

Just my opinion, mind you. But, I wouldn't wait.

Brad

I don't know about never too early, but never too late I can address. I was waiting for a confirmation via e-mail the day before we sailed. Reserved just two spots for DW and self. As word spread of our plans among our group, more people wanted to join us. Had phone conversation before pulling away from the dock to add to our numbers.

It all worked out great. We were the only ship in port that day. That may have been the truth behind my dumb luck.

These companies in Belize understand customer service is their best advertising.

I don't know about never too early, but never too late I can address. I was waiting for a confirmation via e-mail the day before we sailed. Reserved just two spots for DW and self. As word spread of our plans among our group, more people wanted to join us. Had phone conversation before pulling away from the dock to add to our numbers.

It all worked out great. We were the only ship in port that day. That may have been the truth behind my dumb luck.

These companies in Belize understand customer service is their best advertising.

As you said, tour operators know that word of mouth is the best advertising, but the OP was curious about booking too early.

Book it now... you have no $$$ up front, you have your space reserved and most tour operators are happy to increase the # of guests on their tour at the last minute. Just makes sense to me to BOOK NOW !

I know this is a Belize board but we are not sailing until the end of April 2008 and I have already booked an excursion in Key West. I have almost decided what we want to do in Belize so I am sure I will be booking that excursion soon. I definitely would NOT go with the old saying - better late than never, I am a person who believes in booking early.

Good luck, cruisefreak13

Thanks! Sounds like I'll go ahead & book now. Guess I'm just feeling like it's FOREVER until the cruise LOL.

I know what you mean about feeling like it is still forever away - I have even one month further out to wait than you do :-)

Have a great cruise and I am sure our sail date will be here before we know it.

Thanks! Sounds like I'll go ahead & book now. Guess I'm just feeling like it's FOREVER until the cruise LOL.

Who did you end up booking your tour with ??? I know Major Tom has been getting lottsa new bookings lately and he usually keeps me posted as a way of THANKS !!!

Archived