Mykonos

fawley

Where does Celebrity dock in Mykonos - does anybody know?

In sight of, but down the road from, the main village. When we were there they provided shuttle buses (for a fee). It was walkable, however the road had no shoulder and it's a hot dusty trip. The price was worth the ride.

If you look at Mykonos on Google Earth the ship docks at the long pier across the bay from the long curved pier in town. I hope that makes sense. :)

At a new purpose-built port at Tourlas, a bit more than a mile from town.

You can walk - it might take 25 to 30 minutes for a fit person - but there is no pavement (sidewalk) for most of the way so you'd be in the same place as the traffic. Also, in high summer it can get very hot on Mykonos, and there's little or no shelter along that road. So all in all it would probably be an unpleasant experience.

That's if you dock, of course. Celebrity often advertise Mykonos as a tender port, in which case I think you would tender into the old harbour in the middle of town. (Can someone confirm that?) But both of my Galaxy cruises have in fact docked at Tourlas, even though Mykonos was advertised as a tender port on the first one.

Just to wet your appetite: here's a webcam of the old harbour at Mykonos:

http://www.mykon.net

Archived