Plaza Resort Bonaire?

LALAFRANCE

We went there on a day pass. I believe they charged $20 per person and then $5 for a chair if you would like one. It was well worth it! They had a bar on the beach and you could order some food as well. We also rented our snorkeling gear there. I think I just emailed the hotel and requested to reserve our spots which was a good thing since they had filled up thier limits by the time we got there. We walked from the ship. HTH.

• 4 months later...

I just received this response from Plaza Resort on Bonaire. I know there have been many inquires on the cost of a day at the resort so here it the most up-to date info..

It is very nice to hear that you are visiting Bonaire and are considering our resort to spend your day.

For the cruise ship visitors we charge $15 for a daypass, which enables you to make use of all the resorts facilities, such as the beach, pool, restrooms, restaurants and bars. For an additional $5 you can receive your own personal beach chair and a complementary beach towel ( a deposit is required for the towel).

It is not possible to make reservations and due to the fact that the resort is very full, availability of day-passes can not be guaranteed.

Day passes can be bought at the activity center right next to the beach-entrance.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Hans Lieben

Sports and activity manager

Plaza Resort Bonaire

We were there last week, and had no problem at all ...

We walked in and looked around and found a spot we liked, my hubby then walked back to the beach hut where the day passes are bought and negotiated them down from $20 to $15 to include lounge chair..

Snorkelling was excellent... We had pre-arranged for a taxi to pick us up and take us back to the ship, however the Plaza is only a 15 min stroll from the dock...

We were there in January and you can make a reservation before you leave. The day that we went there we were lucky to have made a reservation as they were all full. But we told them who we were and they even scrounged up some chairs as that was what we had requested. We had a great day and not too far of a walk. :)

We were there in January and you can make a reservation before you leave. The day that we went there we were lucky to have made a reservation as they were all full. But we told them who we were and they even scrounged up some chairs as that was what we had requested. We had a great day and not too far of a walk. :)

Do you have a web site or phone # that you used to do this?

Jan

We were in Bonaire last week. We went to the Plaza. Arrived about 12:30. Passes were available, but snorkeling equipment and chairs were unavailable. Found some chairs up by the pool, and later found some on the beach. We rented our snorkeling equipment from the dive shop on the property, not the one on the beach. The shop is along the walkway past the restaurant and the bathrooms. Same prices. The snorkeling was absolutely beautiful - don't miss out!

The Plaza resort is gorgeous! Clean and relaxing. There are hammocks, beach chairs and beds available for lounging. You can see the fish in the water without a mask. It cost us $20 each for the day. Do not pay for a taxi...its a 15 minute walk from the ship... It was such a great day!

• 3 months later...

One of the best day snorkling ever next to hawaii.A 15 min walk from the ship $20 with a chair.Can see every fish close up. Reef system was great.I heard about the plaza on this board and was not disappointed. Best kept seceret.

One of the best day snorkling ever next to hawaii.A 15 min walk from the ship $20 with a chair.Can see every fish close up. Reef system was great.I heard about the plaza on this board and was not disappointed. Best kept seceret.

Not for people that go every year. Actually the Divi is closer with a great reef too.

Bob

Archived