Question about menu's?

spankey

I was browsing [url="http://www.dcltribute.com/"]http://www.dcltribute.com/[/url] and Dave has a selection of menus for the cruise lengths.. I am going on a 4 night cruise next month.. I have a few questions.. Are those menus up to date? What I mean are they always the same every cruise? Everyday? Also can we choose where we want to eat each day? Like for Mondays dinner eat at Tritons. Then on Tuesday eat at Parrot Cays? OR do you have to eat in the same restaraunt each day? I know we will have assigned dinner times.. Just curious about selection options?

Second question? What do people do at lunch time? Is the restaraunts open at lunch? or do people eat at buffet's? Just curious?Are there assigned times for lunch as well?

I don't plan on eating at Palos... Just the included options? I know its very hard to get reservations there anyway. The other three places will due just fine!!:p

My kids are huge chicken eaters.. SO they will love the walk up places to be able to get them when ever they want...

Also another question? My AAA travel agent stated if we booked with them (which we didn't) we would get refillable mugs for soda? Thus not having to pay for the sodas? Has anyone done this before or is there one set charge and you can drink all the soda you want? Can anyone elaberate on this? Is there options for soda? Like a refillable mug or type cup? Thanks

Spankey:D

[quote name='spankey']
1 I was browsing [url="http://www.dcltribute.com/"]http://www.dcltribute.com/[/url] and Dave has a selection of menus for the cruise lengths.. I am going on a 4 night cruise next month.. I have a few questions.. Are those menus up to date? What I mean are they always the same every cruise? Everyday?

2 Also can we choose where we want to eat each day? Like for Mondays dinner eat at Tritons. Then on Tuesday eat at Parrot Cays? OR do you have to eat in the same restaraunt each day? I know we will have assigned dinner times.. Just curious about selection options?

3 Second question? What do people do at lunch time? Is the restaraunts open at lunch? or do people eat at buffet's? Just curious?Are there assigned times for lunch as well?

I don't plan on eating at Palos... Just the included options? I know its very hard to get reservations there anyway. The other three places will due just fine!!:p

My kids are huge chicken eaters.. SO they will love the walk up places to be able to get them when ever they want...

4 Also another question? My AAA travel agent stated if we booked with them (which we didn't) we would get refillable mugs for soda? Thus not having to pay for the sodas? Has anyone done this before or is there one set charge and you can drink all the soda you want? Can anyone elaberate on this? Is there options for soda? Like a refillable mug or type cup? Thanks

Spankey:D[/QUOTE]1---As far as I know they are up to date, but I have not checked. The menus are the same for each day each cruise, but they are not the same every night. You will have a different selection of entree's apps, desserts, etc. each night. One night may be fish and beef, then next would be chicken and pasta or something liket hat.

2---You do what is called rotational dining. You will eat at a different restaurant every night. When you get your KTTW card at sign in your rotation will be located on the bottom. TAP will mean your first night is at Triton's, second at Animator's Palate (AP) and third at Parrot Cay with the last night being Triton's. You don't want to miss AP, they put on a really neat light show throughout dinner.

---You can eat at many different places for lunch. There is Topsiders (I think its Beach Blanket or something on the Wonder) which is a buffet. They have indoor and outdoor seating. You can bring it back to your chair at the pool also. There is Triton's, they have sit down seating for lunch and you can order and be waited on. No assigned times, but only open certain hours. There is Pluto's which has pizza, there is Goofy's Hot Dog shack or something like that and they have everything you think of around a pool, chicken fingers, chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches, fries, hamburgers, hot dogs etc. Then there is scoops right next door for your soft serve ice cream. Lastly, there is always room service, 24 hours a day for anything you can think of, even what's not on the menu in your room. Plenty of options for you.

4---Disney now offers free soda so last I heard AAA would give you an onboard credit to replace the soda program. There used to be cards and mugs to buy, but I believe they did away with those for now to try the free soda thing on deck 9. You still must pay at the bars and theatres.

Archived