Latest Dining Room Reservation Policy?

Ted Pulaski

Is there a new dining room reservation policy?

How about for the surcharge restaurants?

We were on the Spirit in November 06 and immediately after boarding the ship we went to the lobby, looked over the menu's for the 11 nights and then decided which night for Teppanaki & Cagney's.

We made our reservations right then and there...

Has this changed?

Can someone supply me a link to the official policy & practice?

Thanks!

PS - we are not in a suite...we are in steerage!

Can't supply the link, but unless it's changed very recently the policy is "You can make reservations for the current day and the next day". It has been said by some that suite passengers on some ships have been able to make reservations for the full cruise via the concierge. Don't know which ships, if any, this may apply to.

I never had a problem on the Pearl calling at 8:00am and making reservations for the next day.

Can't supply the link, but unless it's changed very recently the policy is "You can make reservations for the current day and the next day". It has been said by some that suite passengers on some ships have been able to make reservations for the full cruise via the concierge. Don't know which ships, if any, this may apply to.

I never had a problem on the Pearl calling at 8:00am and making reservations for the next day.

This is accurate policy, however, I did have problems getting a decent time for dinner on the Pride of Hawaii. Every time I would try to get reservations for the following night, earliest they would have was 9:15 or even later. Too late for me so I typically ate in the buffet so I could go when I was hungry or convenient. I was able to get reservations at Cagneys & LeBistro but I tried numerous times to get into LeBistro all week and couldn't find a good time. I had a free dinner to use with my anniverrsary package so I went ahead and booked a late seating for the last night of the cruise and showed up 30 minutes early. They sat us immediately and gave us the best table in the house (probably because of the anniversary package letter that I presented to the hostess).

Archived