KnowJamaica...

danya83

How do you get back to the ship? It doesn't say on the site. Also what are your thoughts on them. Where do you keep your stuff, like your day packs/camera/money while you are on water excursions????? Is it possible to change the tour, so you could do Dunn's River and the canopy tours??? Ok, thanks....I know lots of questions!

How do you get back to the ship? It doesn't say on the site. Also what are your thoughts on them. Where do you keep your stuff, like your day packs/camera/money while you are on water excursions????? Is it possible to change the tour, so you could do Dunn's River and the canopy tours??? Ok, thanks....I know lots of questions!

We used marva shaw on our Freedom 8/19 cruise. They will drop you off at the ship when your tour is finished. We did Dunn's River and my wife left our bag on the bus with her. I had the money in a waterproof necklace (sorry forgot the appropriate name). We took a waterproof disposal camera with us to the falls and tubing excursion.

You should be able to change your tour when you first meet marva. She was able to sell more tours at the cruise terminal as it is slow season right now. It gets busy during the winter months.

When they picked us up from the tubing tour, Marva and Javier already where in the middle of a bus tour so we were able to tag along. They asked our group if we wanted to see anything else or go out for lunch, when we were finished. We declined so they took us back to the pier.

I would HIGHLY recommend using Marva Shaw.

I would email Marva ahead of time and ask if she can arrange what you are looking for. Her email is knowjam@yahoo.com. I emailed her this weekend about a slightly different tour than what she normally offers and she was very accomodating. If you mean you want Marva to take you to the canopy tour, I haven't seen any private operators that offer that, but it is worthwhile asking.

PS: Here is a link to the Canopy Tour website: http://www.chukkacaribbean.com/OchoRios/canopy.php

We used Marva last week. She was great! We had a change in our itinerary that took us to Ocho Rios and Key West instead of Belize and Costa Maya that we didn't find out about until the Wednesday before we cruised. I emailed her to see if she had room for us Wednesday evening and Friday evening she called my house to let us know that we could be included in her excursion. She had just got her power back on from Hurricane Dean. She picked us up at the pier, took us to Dunns River Falls ( we were the first group up the falls) then to White River to tube down. She then took us to a beach which was nice followed by a half hour shopping trip and then delivered us back to the ship around 3pm.

The best excursion we had all week. Would use her again when in Ocho Rios.

We were on the Mariner last week and used Marva and Javia. Javia was our tour guide for the day. We thoroughly enjoyed the day - everything was timed wonderfully so we didn't have to wait too long at the river tubing or Dunn's River Falls. We also spent an hour at a lovely beach. Javia then took us shopping for a while and then out for some great Jamaican food. He had us back to the ship in plenty of time. Some other people on the trip wanted to go back earlier - i.e., they skipped the shopping or the food or the Falls, Javia took them back exactly when they wanted to go. I would highly recommend them. We have a cruise booked for next May that stops in Montego Bay - I e-mailed Marva today and she said they do do some tours out of Montego Bay so we will definitely be using them again.

• 1 year later...

Archived