Talent Show/Talent Night--Emerald Princess

tamariadawn

My husband and I have cruised Princess x4. We leave on the Emerald Princess 10/27/07. The Grand Princess had talent shows. A person auditioned, and if accepted, got to perform in the large theater (600 person) that night. I did it twice. I got dressed up, brought my own music, and dedicated a song to my husband.

Then in 11/2004, the Dawn Princess only had karaoke CONTEST. It was crowd applause to determine the "winner". I did not want to compete in some contest (I do enough of them at home and no, I don't typically win as I don't bring 20 people with me).

I am a pretty good singer (ie: Kd Lang, Trisha Yearwood song styles). I did not like the idea of singing for only intoxicated karaoke audience members on the Dawn Princess. I can do that anytime I go out karaokeing in my hometown (which is actually pretty fun).

I want to sing an artsy song or a gut wretching love song for my husband this year as it will be our 20 year wedding anniversary. You cannot really do that karaoke style. No one really pays attention when it is a karaoke performance.

Can anyone tell me if the Emerald Princess has a TALENT SHOW? Any suggestions as to who I can email to find out? Thanks everyone!

I, too, am disappointed at the demise of the talent show. Princess is copying the success of reality shows. My daughter sang an operatic aria on a cruise once, and got many compliments. I had to accompany her on the piano because the cruise musicians assigned to the show could not read music. (Not that uncommon in the music world!):(

Archived