Emerald Princess Callsign Please

Neilius

Would someone please tell me the callsign for Emerald Princess?

I need the callsign to be able to retrieve the latitude and longitude from a location database to plot its location on my website.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Neil

Zcdp8

Thanks! :) :) BTW where did you get it? I scoured the usual places on the net and couldn't find it all

how does one learn these things? and use them?

Not sure what you mean' date=' but I found most of the call signs by googling them. I intend to use the call sign to look up a table of ship locations which contains the ship co-ordinates, and then display the location of the ship on goggle maps. You can find out how to do most of that stuff by googling it. Amazing what you can find out if you're stubborn enough!

It might be easier to link to this site, they do this for all ships.

http://sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

Thanks. I've been corresponding with Hal from Sailwx. His site is fantastic. But before I used any data from his site I wanted to ask his permission, and his prefernce is to supply the data in a table with ship call sign, latitude, longitude etc.

Incidentally, most of this raw data comes from the VOS system run by NOAA ( which is basically ships voluntarily reporting weather info and their position to the uS weather bureau). I tried looking at this data but NOAA removes the ship callsign from the data (for security reasons) - which makes it unusable for my purposes.

I need the callsign to be able to retrieve the latitude and longitude from a location database to plot its location on my website.

Mission accomplished :) I had a lot of fun doing this. If you're interested have a look at some of the Princess ships on http://webcams.NeilEnnis.com - I added a blue "info" icon, and a google maps icon to each ship so you can see where they are (based on their last reported co-ordinates).

Unfortunately it looks like Emerald Princess doesn't report very often - so we're not getting any co-ordinates for her.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can improve the appearance or usability, please let me know.

Hal at Sailwx.info has been really kind to let me access his wonderful data.

Regards

Neil

Archived