Hotel in Bejing

MARRYREV

Wonder Spouse and I are doing the Viking land river tour starting in Bejing leaving out of Dulles on the 1st of Oct. The hotel stay in Bejing is the Bejing Hilton. Can someone give me the scoop on this hotel. I have been to the WEB Site and it looks good. However... Any help is appreciated.

Wonder Spouse and I are doing the Viking land river tour starting in Bejing leaving out of Dulles on the 1st of Oct. The hotel stay in Bejing is the Bejing Hilton. Can someone give me the scoop on this hotel. I have been to the WEB Site and it looks good. However... Any help is appreciated.

I have been past the hotel. It is fairly close to the US Embassy, north of the main part of "downtown" Beijing.. Other than that, I know nothing about the hotel.

But just wanted to give you a heads up: You are arriving in Beijing during the BUSIEST time of the year. The first week in October in Golden Week. The country essentially shuts down and EVERYONE travels. My first trip to China I landed in Beijing on October 4. What a zoo!!!

Be prepared for VERY large crowds. If you are going to the Great Wall, take a private car. The day I went for the first time, the buses were backed up for over 2 hours trying to get into the parking lot. I took a private car from my hotel and we were able to zip around the buses and use a " back entrance" to the parking lot. I spoke to one woman on the Wall and she stated they sat in line for 1 hour 47 minutes before their driver could park the bus. She was really upset-they were going to miss their tour of the Summer Palace.

And Tianneman Sq will be VERY, VERY crowded. Lots of beggars. And watch where you walk-the people from the country side DO NOT put diapers on their kids. They just pull down their pants and let them go wherever.

Archived