Who is currently the captain of Pacific Star?

whytey

Skyrules had a photo of the captain in his review.

I think his name was Ivan Jerman.

Captain Ravera was great :D We had him twice on the Sky :D

Yeah, we had him (or he had us I should say) in Oct 05 and April 07, my parents have been good friends with him. He has to be the best captain in the world.

Skyrules had a photo of the captain in his review.

I think his name was Ivan Jerman.

Interestingly, I did a search for Ivan Jerman on Google and it came up that he was the staff captain of the Pacific Sky when Dianne Brimble died (2002). :eek:

He arranged for the cabin to be sealed and for the occupants to be relocated. But he admitted proper procedures weren't followed and that some of the men named as persons of interest had been allowed back into the cabin to retrieve their personal belongings.

I just realised how badly I worded that post haha!! :o

Capt Ravera was our captain when we ran ashore. The ship was actually drifting sideways towards the reef while anchored off Isle of Pines, and he deliberatley steered us into the reef so as not to topple over!! He did a fabulous job saving the ship and keeping us informed regularly.

On the final morning, while waiting to disembark, he walked into the back bar and everyone stood and applauded :) I thought that was really wonderful :D I actually can't remember 1 single person complaining about the captain or the situation, which is fantastic given the circumstances!

Hi guys, please could somebody tell me who is currently the captain of Pacific Star. I know it was the great Stefan Ravera in April..

Cheers.

Hi whytey, as others have mentioned. capatain Ivan German is captain at present.

regarding Captain Ravera, the last I heard he was on a Princess ship in Alaska. he was there in July when several passengers from his ship were killed in air crash.

and, like you I think he is a great captain.

..........welcome to your home away from home......

DH and I were also on board Pacific Sky when she ran aground.( like Ms Minx. we thought he did a great job.)

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Yes, we had Captain Ivan Jerman as our captain. Ironic surname, for an Englishman. He's a lovely guy.

7 different cruises, 7 different captains! And of all of them, Capt Jerman was the easiest to understand.

He looks (and sounds) a bit like the actor Roger Moore...

I think the article about him in the Pacific Daily said he'd also been captain on Grand Princess.

Archived