Long Beach parking and early check in

chamberbear

I know this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it on the search engine. We sail on the Pride in October 2007, and are staying at a nearby hotel the night before. I have looked at the directions to the terminal on Carnival's website, but they seem confusing to me. We are wanting to arrive early, park in the garage, and check in early at the Queen Mary. Can anyone tell me how this will work? Do you drop off your luggage in a different place and then go to the parking garage or do you have to carry the luggage back after you have parked? Is it a short walk to the Queen Mary and then to the terminal? I'm hoping we can drop off the luggage prior to checking in. Thanks for all of your answers. I have learned so much from all of you over the past year.

Steph

when you pull into the parking garage at the terminal there are porters there to take your luggage. What I did was drop off hubby and the luggage on the little island. He took care of giving the luggage to the porter while I went and found a parking spot. It is a short walk to the Queen Mary. But if you're going to check in on the Queen Mary make sure you get there before 11 am I believe. After that you have to do regular check-in. For more info check out the Pride link in my signature and then read mine and others' reviews.

Bon Voyage!!!

I know this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it on the search engine. We sail on the Pride in October 2007, and are staying at a nearby hotel the night before. I have looked at the directions to the terminal on Carnival's website, but they seem confusing to me. We are wanting to arrive early, park in the garage, and check in early at the Queen Mary. Can anyone tell me how this will work? Do you drop off your luggage in a different place and then go to the parking garage or do you have to carry the luggage back after you have parked? Is it a short walk to the Queen Mary and then to the terminal? I'm hoping we can drop off the luggage prior to checking in. Thanks for all of your answers. I have learned so much from all of you over the past year.

Steph

We stayed at the Queen Mary (sailed the Pride Sept.9-16/07) and what happened was on the morning of sailing, we took our own luggage to the "early check-in place" on the Queen Mary (a very short walk) and the Carnival people were there ....we maybe waited in line for 25 minutes, then the Carnival reps gave us our FUN PASS (we had printed it out online); VERY IMPORTANT....any papers they give you - do not throw them away. We were given a little strip of paper that told you what line up to get into- but then they ASKED you when you got there to show them the piece of paper when you got to the front of the line.....all we can say is follow the rules and you could be sitting on the Lido deck by 12:15 like we were.

They really know what they're doing - you will have no problems....

We stayed at the Queen Mary (sailed the Pride Sept.9-16/07) and what happened was on the morning of sailing, we took our own luggage to the "early check-in place" on the Queen Mary (a very short walk) and the Carnival people were there ....we maybe waited in line for 25 minutes, then the Carnival reps gave us our FUN PASS (we had printed it out online); VERY IMPORTANT....any papers they give you - do not throw them away. We were given a little strip of paper that told you what line up to get into- but then they ASKED you when you got there to show them the piece of paper when you got to the front of the line.....all we can say is follow the rules and you could be sitting on the Lido deck by 12:15 like we were.

They really know what they're doing - you will have no problems....

Thanks for the info. I also enjoyed your video of the Pride. Hope we have as nice a time as you did. Was that Corona you were drinking? I was just wondering if those were the wide mouth bottles that everyone has talked about. Thanks again.

Steph

Thanks for the info. I also enjoyed your video of the Pride. Hope we have as nice a time as you did. Was that Corona you were drinking? I was just wondering if those were the wide mouth bottles that everyone has talked about. Thanks again.

Steph

Not sure which shot in the video you are referring to (re: the Corona); I DID drink some Corona and some other types of beer; I'm not a beer drinker at all, but decided to heed the warnings about not using ice in Mexico! On the sunset cruise we were on in P.V. they even had "baby" coronas which were tiny, but didn't get a chance to get warm.

Glad you enjoyed the video too!

We took the Pride earlier this month. Drove to the parking garage, arriving about 10:00. We went past the luggage drop off area to find a parking spot. This was a minor problem, as many of the passengers before us were still parked. Found a spot and rolled our luggage down (TG for wheeled luggage). Turned the luggage over to the porters by 10:20.

We did the early check in on the Queen at about 10:30 am. Lines were perhaps 10 minutes long. We were told to expect boarding to start about 12:00. Then did the self guided tour of the Queen Mary to kill some time.

The early check in line was long, but moved very quickly once the process started (12:10?). Carnival reps were constantly asking to see your S&S card, moving those who had not done the early check in to the other line. We were at the Lido deck by 12:30.

The entire process was very smooth and painless.

Archived