Map of ships & photos

Neilius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13967670@N03/map/

Gee those guys at Flickr are good. Here's a map which shows where each of about 50 cruisecam shots were taken. I've been uploading them over the last couple of days. It should improve over time as more pix get automatically uploaded.

Click on an icon on the map to see a pic of the ship.

Sometimes the map doesn't draw properly. If that happens, just hit the back button on your browser.

Chez,

If you hit the back button when the abort window comes up I found that it loaded. Thanks Neillius this is great. We have friends on the Star at the moment and I have been checking in periodically to see how the weather is but this fantastic. There are some great photos of dock in Noumea.

Chez' date='

If you hit the back button when the abort window comes up I found that it loaded. Thanks Neillius this is great. We have friends on the Star at the moment and I have been checking in periodically to see how the weather is but this fantastic. There are some great photos of dock in Noumea.[/quote']

Thankyou, that worked for me,

Chez

xx

Thankyou, that worked for me,

Chez

xx

It's actually a bug in Flickr. The workaround is to get rid of the error popup and hit the back button on your browser. Bugs! The bane of my life.

Ahhh... the fun of geo tagging :cool:

Gee Neil, you might have to step up to a pro account soon, getting very close to the 200 public images limit on the free flickr account.

DONE. It cost me $25 but it's worth it. Flickr is great and well worth the money. Hope you guys don't mind but I put a link to some Amazon cruising books at the bottom left of the page. It's unobtrusive, and generates a small amount of money if anyone buys a book - whcih helps cover these sorts of costs.

Neil is a guru at this stuff

Guru? No I just get obsessive sometimes. I drive Liz crazy. I get a harebrained idea in my head and can't do anything else till I implement the idea. When it happens, I tell her I have "an itchy brain" and she knows what I mean. I now have a new sympathy for people who feel compulsive about washing hands, or checking light switches :)

Neil is a guru at this stuff

Guru? No I just get obsessive sometimes. I drive Liz crazy. I get a harebrained idea in my head and can't do anything else till I implement the idea. When it happens, I tell her I have "an itchy brain" and she knows what I mean. I now have a new sympathy for people who feel compulsive about washing hands, or checking light switches :)

Or clicking the refresh button on CC. By guru, I just meant old & wise

Cheers

Geoff

It looks like the Flickr map is working properly now.

I've added a camera.gif camera button on the website and a gallery so you guys can take shots of cruisecams just by clicking on the camera button. That way if there is something particularly nice on one of the cams, you can capture it, then link to it. Saves you having to upload it somewhere.

If its useful, let me know and I'll increase the limitation on the number of photos per hour that it allows.

Archived