Chankanaab Park Making own reservations

Rudie

Does anyone see any issues making your own reservations at the park?

(Vs booking with cruise line).

You can book online with Chankanaab but it is prepay and nonrefundable.

I would like to take my daughter and grandson but would prefer to go on our own. Less crowded and on our own time.

Is anyone aware of a ship not going to port in Coz? (other than Hurricane)

We have missed Grand Cayman several times due to ruff seas.

Any info or advise greatly appreciated!!

Don't think there's any need to reserve at Chank - just grab a cab and go, the earlier the better if you want to avoid crowds. Last time we went, we were the first ones there [think it was about 9 or 10]. No reason to go with the cruise line; it's very easy to do it on your own. They have a website that used to have a coupon. This would be a good place to take grandkids, as there's a lot to do - you can watch the dolphins for no charge [or at least you used to be able to - we were there just before Wilma wiped the park out]. We loved it the two time we went.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant booking direct Royal Dolphin Swim vs cruise line.

Does anyone see an issue?

Nope as long as you let them know what times your ship is in port, I would also compare the parks prices to cozumel insider dot com, seems like theirs had a deal for entrance or something. Enjoy!!!:)

Just book directly with dophin discovery. The royal dolphin show is the only one you want. Right now you get very admission to the chat park and 10% off booking on-line. You will get towed through the water by dolphins, ride on there noses like jet ski and everything. Booking through your cruise line gets you a dolphin kiss and a pet for more than the full show. I booked for $125 per person with very enter to park in cozumel. It is very good, best thing to do on the island beside drink and shop.

• 4 weeks later...

The person initiating this thread was asking more about the chances of the ship not actually going to Cozumel for whatever reason and her losing her prepaid money. Does the ship very often NOT go to its scheduled stop in Cozumel, especially in post-hurricane season?

I think that's the question, not whether it is cheaper or better to book with the dolphin people (or the park) directly.

Archived