RCL Sail, Snorkel, Swim & Swing Excursion

Meshee

Yes, they use Jolly Pirates for the afternoon excursion. Last week, we booked the morning excursion for 5 hours with Jolly Pirates which was cheaper than the ship's excursion plus included lunch. You will have to catch a cab $10 each way to the Pirate ship but I always prefer going on a private excursion.

I can't say enough good things about Jolly Pirates! The guys are fantastic and make sure everyone has a great time. After ten cruises, I have to say they are at the top of the list for a professional and fun excursion.

Either way, do this excursion. You'll have a great time I promise!!! Oh...be sure to try the Pirate Poison punch.

I booked Jolly Pirates on my own and then noticed that RCL had the same excursion which would be cheaper for us because we have a child. The price is the same for everyone when you book on your own but cheaper for a child on the RCL excursion. Plus I am assuming RCL would supply transportation and we wouldn't have to take a taxi.

However, it looks like the Jolly Pirates includes a lunch when booking on your own and not on the RCL excursion. Do they have two ships?

They had two ships but one of them caught fire in July I believe. They currently are only doing one ship while the other is being repaired. They do the private tour in the morning and the ship's tour in the afternoon. The current picks up in the afternoon so we felt with our child (she's 11) the morning water would be calmer. Watch your child carefully at the Antilla shipwreck. This is a very cool site with lots to see but the current carried us away from the boat very quickly and we had a rough time getting back to the boat. The waves can get choppy here. Just stay close in and you'll be fine.

Archived