costa serena

wilow 03

I have just read on one of the posts that costa does not allow irons in the cabins.surely you don`t have to pay for every item to be ironed.I was planning to take my travel iron with me.I know they might remove a bottle of vodka of me but a travel Iron:confused: !!

Due to the safety and fire hazard irons are strictly prohibited in all cabins. You'll even have specific signs at the outlets. If you plug one in, it may cause the circuit to trip due to the high use of wattage. I completely agree with cruise lines NOT to allow irons. I'm sure there are plenty of people in a hurry and iron and then forget to unplug it... thus, causing a fire.

Instead... take a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release. That stuff works great and does not cause any fires... and the wrinkles are gone!

Andy

No cruiseline allows travel irons in the cabinsTake clothes that are non-wrinkle (or in my case I take crinkled stuff). Hang any really wrinkled stuff in the bathroom and run a shower to steam stuff---or don't worry about wrinkles because you are on vacation.

No one is going to look that closely to see how wrinkled you are, if they see wrinkles they'll just think you are going for the natural look.

I`m afraid we don`t have downy wrinkle release in the uk.I know most ships have a laundry room so hopefully the serena does if not I`ll have to go for the wrinkle look.

I was in Florida in August and nearly bought some Downy for my trip on Freedom of the Seas. However, I didn't (concerned about how I was going to get the left over back to the UK with the restrictions on liquids) and now I regret it. It would have done for my next cruise. Does anyone know anything similar that you can buy in the UK?

Tracey

I was in Florida in August and nearly bought some Downy for my trip on Freedom of the Seas. However, I didn't (concerned about how I was going to get the left over back to the UK with the restrictions on liquids) and now I regret it. It would have done for my next cruise. Does anyone know anything similar that you can buy in the UK?

Tracey

hiya Tracey I guess it`s just us fussy british that worry about doing the Ironing on holiday.If you do find a product like downy please let me know if not wrinkled it is.

hiya Tracey I guess it`s just us fussy british that worry about doing the Ironing on holiday.If you do find a product like downy please let me know if not wrinkled it is.

Yes, must be . . . I am always ironing!

After I posted last night, I had a good look on the internet but could not find anything remotely similar to Downy. I even looked on the Procter and Gamble site (and e-mailed them) but couldn't find anything. I wish I had bought some now in Florida when I had the chance. I even looked at supermarkets own brands for doing the same job. Silly not to buy some.

Tracey

Tracey:

Are you traveling on Costa in the Mediterranean or Caribbean?

If you are sailing in the Caribbean you might be able to pick some Downy up in Fort Lauderdale before you go to the ship.

I would even offer you to send you a few bottles, but I'm not quite sure if our and/or your postal service would allow and appreciate that due to the whole liquid substance scare.

Andy

Here's what I found out from the USPS website:

"636 Other Restricted Matter:

The restricted materials listed in DMM 601.11.7-601.11.20 are prohibited in international mail, unless specifically permitted in the Individual Country Listings in the IMM. The restricted materials include intoxicating liquor; matter emitting obnoxious odor, liquids and powders, motor vehicle master keys, battery-powered devices, odd-shaped items in letter-size envelopes, abortive and contraceptive devices, and building construction material."

I'll check for you tomorrow at the post office. If they give clearance, I would be able to send you some. But you might want to check with your postal service as well.

Andy

However, I didn't (concerned about how I was going to get the left over back to the UK with the restrictions on liquids)

Tracey

remember people, the restrictions on liquids pertain to CARRY ON BAGGAGE ONLY (atleast here in the USA, i assume UK as well...)

if it's over 3oz, simply put it in checked luggage! :):D

for thoes interested in wrinkle releaser... IT'S 90% WATER!

http://www.downyez.com/

Yes, must be . . . I am always ironing!

After I posted last night, I had a good look on the internet but could not find anything remotely similar to Downy. I even looked on the Procter and Gamble site (and e-mailed them) but couldn't find anything. I wish I had bought some now in Florida when I had the chance. I even looked at supermarkets own brands for doing the same job. Silly not to buy some.

Tracey

hi tracey I`ve tried ebay there was nothing for downy come up so I think hanging in the shower is the answer that is the clothes not me, I`m not that worried about having no iron:D

Here's what I found out from the USPS website:

"636 Other Restricted Matter:

The restricted materials listed in DMM 601.11.7-601.11.20 are prohibited in international mail, unless specifically permitted in the Individual Country Listings in the IMM. The restricted materials include intoxicating liquor; matter emitting obnoxious odor, liquids and powders, motor vehicle master keys, battery-powered devices, odd-shaped items in letter-size envelopes, abortive and contraceptive devices, and building construction material."

I'll check for you tomorrow at the post office. If they give clearance, I would be able to send you some. But you might want to check with your postal service as well.

Andy

That's really kind of you to offer, but don't worry. I come to the UK quite regularly (we have a villa in Orlando) so I will pick one up the next time we are over. But thanks anyway.

I know that the restrictions are on hand luggage, but my concern was that I would part use a bottle, put the rest in my suitcase to come home and that the bottle would split / burst / etc and soak the luggage. But I suppose I could have packed it well.

Here is part of the reply that I received from Procter and Gamble today

"Hello and thank you for your Email.

I am sorry to inform you that this product is not marketed in the UK or

Eire."

I too looked on e-bay but on .co.uk and not on .com so that is why it didn't show up.

Tracey

Next time you're in the U.S., just put a few bottles in your suitcase, pack it in the center of your luggage and put it in a Zip Lock bag... that'll do the trick for the way back to the UK.

Have a wonderful Friday (you're ahead of us and can enjoy the weekend early!) :-)

Andy

I was in a super-Walmart today looking for the Downey wrinkle free and found it only in the very large size that would not work for traveling...I thought about buying one and putting a smaller amount in a small plastic spray bottle but decided against since I thought it might make a mess....so I did not buy it....then I went to the "trial and travel" section of travel items and travel size toiletries and they had the Downey wrinkle free in the small "travel size" spray bottle for $1.50 and I bought one of those. Hopefully you will be able to find them at all Super-Walmarts in the "trial and travel size" section near the soap, deodorant and shampoo area.:p

Archived