Shore Excursions - Disney Magic

Summerfeet

We are booked on March 29 sailing for the Disney Magic and are stopping at St. Maarten and St. Thomas....

What does everyone recommend for a shore excursion for a 10 yr old girl and an 11 yr old boy?

they really wanted to swim with the dolphins but from what I have been able to find that is closed. Are the stingrays in Castaway Cay good?

Do they like to swim or snorkel?

At. St. Thomas you can go to Coral World either through a DCL excursion or for more time to enjoy do it on your own.

Taxi's are right by the port and last time it was $11 per person one way to Coral world. Then you pay admission.

Then you have some choices for admission. There is a small marine park there with an underwater observatory, gift shops and places to eat.

a short sidewalk to one side is the beach area. You can snorkel, swim, do a semi submarine ot see the sea lfe if you dont want to snorkel and they have some water paly areas, like water trampoline and such.

If you do DCL excursion you only have a couple of hours to take in the place, so best to go on your own and enjoy the day. Just allow planty of time to return to the ship. I think www.coralworld.com is the site to tell you about the area.

Also on St. Thomas there is a tram that goes up a hill with an awesome view and at the top is a tropical bird show and trail to walk. This is across the street from the port shopping area. Not sure how much the tram cost.

St, Maartin is a tough one. There are beaches to enjoy, most are clothing optional, just so you know.

The butterfly farmis great but they are probably a little old for that one unless they are collectors.

If they like to snorkel, Pinel Island snorekling tour is good. A boat ride over to the island then the snorkeling area you just walk in from shore, great for beginners. No jumping off the boat. my grandkids learned to snorkel there. Guides were very friendly and helpful to the beginners. Plenty of fish for them to see in shallow waters.

Nice beach area 5 miute walk away with changing rooms and snacks avaiable for purchase. chairs for rent on the beach. if you go here and want to change before returning to the ship, do so early because the changing rooms get lined up towards the end of the excursion.

I forgot about St. Johns island.

They may like the eco hike there. It is Not a hard hike, even this old lady did it with no problem. The guide stopped often and was filled with fun, interesting facts along the way. there is a great photo stop at the top of the hill, then down to a private beach for a 30 minutes swim before riding back to the dock for your ferry back to the ship.

Be advised there is a bathroom on the ferry boat and one in a building at the start of the walk, that is all!! No bathrooms the rest of the way, unless you count the ocean. Ha Ha !! But it was a great hike and it is a beautiful island.

I'm sure you'll find something they will love.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks!

I looked at the eco tour and wondered if it would be too hard for them but it sounds possible. Coral world would be nice too.

My son would like the butterfly farm, not because of the butterflies but he find the change from a catipilar to larva to butterfly fascinating but my daughter would be bored......

It is so tough with these two and organizing activities, my daughter likes to be active and do things but my son likes to learn things, digest the information and then apply it.

Archived