Can I give my cruise away?

nrh322

Due to some work issues, it looks like we might not be able to go on our early December cruise. It's still up in the air, but I'm trying to explore all our options. From what I can tell, if we cancel right now, we get everything back except our deposit. When we paid for the cruise, we paid in full (no deposit), so I'm guessing that means we'd be out the whole kit and kaboodle if we cancelled. We do have the NCL trip insurance, so we'd have a 75% credit towards a future cruise... but I'd rather have my money in my own pocket.

Which brings me to my real question.... If we can't go, can we send someone else in our stead? I realize that we'd have to notify the cruiseline for security issues and all that, but will they even allow it? Has anyone ever tried to do this?

That is quite the tough situation!

I know family members have tried to do that on CCL and they were not allowed. If you have trip insurance, and your trip is in December I would contact NCL now to see if they can issue you a refund.

I have had success with that in the past when my plan changes and the deposit ammount that they refer to is the reccomended deposit ammount based on the length of your cruise. I think it is $250 for up to 7 days and $450 for 8+ so you would get your total ammount back minus either 250/450 per person.

Archived